The Otacon
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the german RotR localisation had some serious issues regarding the quality of the components and translation my question is simply: Did Ulisses manage to solve these problems in the SaS release? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really know what issues where in the RotR set, but currently playing S&S i can say that the translation is decent. I haven't encountered any major problems or mistakes. Some issues can arise with certain wordings, for example "ablegen" and "auslegen" it is clear what is meant but it can be easily overlooked. Also i dislike some translations even being correct like "Eimerkette".
But all in all, i think the translation gets the job done. If you have any specific questions, i'm happy to check my copy for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Otacon
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answer, that sounds promising. If you want to know, what the issues have been with RotR, just scan through the Amazon ratings:

http://www.amazon.de/product-reviews/3868893199/ref=cm_cr_dp...

or this review (headline "Qualität des Spielmaterials")

http://boardgamejunkies.de/test-pathfinder-abenteuerkartensp...

In short:

- cards damaged during transport due to missing shrinkwrapping
- cards glued together
- different sized cards
- bad cuts (off axis and slightly slanted)
- changed wording in translation of AP1,... and back in AP3 (IIRC)
- untranslated items

So there is hope, because you clearly would have recognized it, if some of these issues are present in your S&S copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Trott
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I agree with Nico.
And unfortunately I got a copy which had a few cards glued together (nothing dramatically, but I think I got 3 times where 2 cards where kinda stuck together due to printing -> if you're careful enough you shouldn't see any differences).

What I also recognized:
It is possible that by default some cards from the starter set and the character add-on deck are cluttered.
I mean in the starter box were 2 cards which belonged to the character add-on and vice versa.
I already mentioned it to the Heidelberger Verlag support but they didn't respond to this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Otacon
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xunrel wrote:
It is possible that by default some cards from the starter set and the character add-on deck are cluttered.

So this means I have to carefully check the whole amount of cards, but I think I will give it a try this time. At least the translation seems to be better and consistent.

Thanks a lot guys, that helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Trott
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the translation is better and more consistent than the german version of RotR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry i totally overlooked that you also asked of the quality of the components.
The only thing that stuck out the most for me; There were like 16 Blessings of the God in an additional Package, first i thought they were some kind of replacement but it turns out they are just normal Blessings, that just didn't fit into the blessing package. The problem here is, these ~16 Blessings have a slightly but noticable lighter shaded back. So everytime i have to draw from the Blessing Deck and i see one of the lighter cards i yell "The gods have blessed me!!"
But this different shaded back is the only real issue i noticed, the cards feel nice, handle shuffling well(and that from a sleeve junkie, S&S is my first not sleeved game) and i haven't seen any size issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Otacon
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Santa dropped a huge game box at my doorstep, I can finally conlude this thread, mainly confirming the answers of the contributions so far:

- translation seems decent, I didn't notice any problems
- a few cards glued together, but nothing serious
- half the Blessings of the Gods have a lighter printing on the flipside
- in the AP1: one card package has the darker printing and the other has the lighter printing on the flipside

In addition I'm missing 2 cards: 1 x Ambush and 1 x Merfolk, they are replaced by 2 additional Enemy Ships. I will contact Ulisses.

TL;DR: Component quality of the German S&S release is better than expected , but still far away from excellent. Most serious flaw is a noticable difference in flipside coloring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.