Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'll just sum this up that I was an idiot.

While opening the card for February that tells you to open 1 and 6, I got myself mixed up in the excitement of opening things. The card had you open 1, and then also had you open Package 1. And when it said 6, I was stupid and opened Package 6 instead of door 6 because I was tired and obviously dumb. Now, it took me a second to realize that something was very very wrong, but when I did, it was when I saw:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The secret objective. I had expected something like this, but actually knowing what the objective is can be potentially game-ruining in this situation.

My question, as I don't really want further spoilers, is whether or not we'll get a choice of who opens Package 6? Obviously I now know what it is. Will I be able to go ahead and open it as a choice when the time comes to keep everything going smoothly, or is there a chance someone else might have to do it? And if that happens, how bad is that going to ruin the end-game? Will I just have to ignore what the game says about who should open it and do it myself anyway?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salty Skwib
United States
San Miguel
California
flag msg tools
badge
Should I eat the Cuttlefish and Asparagus or the Vanilla Paste?
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't feel bad. My wife and I did the exact same thing. I think the doors and packages should have had distinct, separate numbering. We quickly realized our error and after not having played for a week, forgot what the objective entailed.

I know now to always open doors, not packages unless the door says so. I didn't catch that the last go-round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skwib wrote:
Don't feel bad. My wife and I did the exact same thing. I think the doors and packages should have had distinct, separate numbering. We quickly realized our error and after not having played for a week, forgot what the objective entailed.

I know now to always open doors, not packages unless the door says so. I didn't catch that the last go-round.

Glad to know I'm not alone! But I don't think I could get my wife to wait a week between games if I tried at this point. And it'd probably take me longer than that to forget anyway with my luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ward Bonte
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

we did the exact same thing,
too damn excited to open stuff

glad not to feel alone :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salty Skwib
United States
San Miguel
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
Skwib wrote:

Glad to know I'm not alone! But I don't think I could get my wife to wait a week between games if I tried at this point. And it'd probably take me longer than that to forget anyway with my luck.

Yeah, mine has been badgering me to play all week. I haven't had a chance to because of workload, but we're getting another game or two in tonight. It's VERY rare that she hits me up to play a game, so THANK YOU Pandemic Legacy for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skwib wrote:
InkSplat wrote:
Skwib wrote:

Yeah, mine has been badgering me to play all week. I haven't had a chance to because of workload, but we're getting another game or two in tonight. It's VERY rare that she hits me up to play a game, so THANK YOU Pandemic Legacy for that!

Just finished April. This is definitely one of mine and my wife's favorite gaming experiences ever. Can't wait for Season 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salty Skwib
United States
San Miguel
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
Skwib wrote:
InkSplat wrote:
Skwib wrote:

Just finished April. This is definitely one of mine and my wife's favorite gaming experiences ever. Can't wait for Season 2.

I couldn't agree with you more. We got through March tonight and had one of the most manic, nail-biting, by the skin of our teeth wins I've ever had with Pandemic. We had to stop and take deep breaths for each infection card we drew before we could lay claim to victory, because there were so many ways things could go wrong and toast us before the Researcher could save the day. My wife and I were discussing the game for a good hour after it ended. I still have the adrenaline rush.

Pandemic Legacy is freakin' insane. I hope they publish not just a Season 2 but also a Season 3, a Season 4, a Season 5…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About when to open package 6...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The game will tell you when to open it. It does not tell you who should open it, so you can open it when the time comes.

Honestly, just put the stuff back into Package 6 and just try to ignore what you saw and move on. I'm not sure how much you saw but if you think you've seen something that could affect your decisions, let the other players tell you what they think and go along with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.