1 Posts

Fairy Tale» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report - A noteable Omission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Well a quick game of Fairy tale started our three player session and it was a very quiet introduction. Of note was jacob nearly missing that the Dragon Hunt card was already in his hand and he was dealt the mission. That was a close one. Also of note was a hand in which I was dealt 5 faries, what are the odds of that. And before anybody tells me I can do the maths and it was actually a retorical statement and I don't want to see any combinations formulae. Got it?

But I digress. I started off quietly with a nice Castle-Sage pair to go with the 2 dragon, 2 fairy mission. Three form the holy nation and an almost certain 15 points on the board from turn 1. The hand didn't look that spectacular at the time but I had a sage as the second card having passed a castle and I figured, heck it could come back. It didn't need to as 2 more were passed through my hands.

Round two I was faced with a horrible delima. The elven warrior was a multiplier for one of Matts Cards and I had two of them. A little bit of quick math told me he could only get one of them and even if I took one, Jacob might let the seocnd one past. So I chickened out. In this round I also picked up the most from the swords for six which I felt confident i could get. This was also the hand I started with five fairies, it was a little shocking and hard to actually see past

Round three and there were a number of children of the dragon about. But i took a different path and added some dragons to help fill out my two n two mission. I was also dealt the fairy two n two missions, wow, what a bonus, basoically eight points in the bank. Jacob had a heap of shadow cards out but they didn't look like they would come home while matt had heaps of multipler cards.

Things looked hairy when I saw that I was passing to Matt and had two of his ke multiplier cards in my hand. it was unavoidable. So what did I do, I threw them to him, he had three to choose from. Fortunately when it came round before the last pass enough were gone to save me the hassel. Jacob played a cunnign shadow card that could have cost me both two n two's for 16 points but I had hedged against it with an extra dragon. I also added another muktipler card (a dwarven warrior I think) for six and eneded with 54. A very good score and my last win for the day. But at least I won one. Phew.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.