Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
January 1941 – The Way of the World

Here are screenshots of the current situation in the relevant areas as 1941 prepares to open:

North Atlantic

United Kingdom

Finland

Baltic States

South Central Russia

Greece

Crete and North Afrika

Here are PP totals for each nation before any January production:

Russia
65RPP (13 base)
35RPP (7 base)
30BPP (6 base)
15WPP (3 base)

Finland
13YPP (1 base)

Bulgaria
8YPP (1 base)

Romania
8YPP (2 base)

Hungary
4YPP (1 base)

Italy
7YPP (6 base)
2RPP (1 base)
3BPP (2 base)
0WPP (4 base)

Germany
34YPP (32 base)
17RPP (3 base)
9BPP (9 base)
3WPP (5 base)

German progress on Wehrmacht Reforms

January 1941 – Replaced

- Atlantic Wall construction begins in France and Norway
85 steps of red & pink infantry units are replaced (out of a possible total of 96)
- The 15th, 16th, 19th Panzer armies at full strength are replaced by the appropriate AG HQ & Panzer armies
- The six pink artillery units are replaced at full strength

January 1941 – Not yet replaced

- The 39th & 41st Panzer armies (fighting in Greece)
- The infantry / motorized infantry that can be upgraded to Panzer armies (1 still fighting in Greece AND adjacent to Greek units, so cannot strat move thus will delay this upgrade TWO turns, which means Germany has to keep saving RPP and thus YPP, which could be well used elsewhere)

Still, overall I think I did all right at this part of the game, given it's my first try. Lord knows how long it would take me to make moves up to this point of the game in a face to face game if I played Germany.

Germany thinks:

- Poland, France & the Low Countries, Norway and Yugoslavia have fallen.
- Germany is hung up in Greece, where Italy is of little help.
- The Wilson Force is on Crete and Germany is desperately hoping to dislodge them, somehow.
- That campaign seems prepped to drag on for a long time.
- The Germans still have no presence in Afrika.
- The Navy is quite strong, but having trouble figuring out how to take full advantage of its hitting power while the Royal Navy is spread so thin.
- Preparations for Barbarossa are going better than expected, but slower than they probably should.
- Overall, we think we are performing more poorly than we did historically

The Allies think:

- Our navy is stretched terribly thin, but we are not losing as many PP as we feared
- We avoided the costly Battle of Britain, which was good
- We lost Norway pretty easily, which was bad (but didn't face German bombers flying from Norwegian bases, so see item above).
- We have a strong foothold in Greece, which is good.
- We have no air units in the Mediterranean, which is bad.
- We are not threatened in Afrika as yet, but we don't have many units there due to the fighting in Greece, so it's hard to push very hard at the Italians
- The Russian limited wars seemed to go pretty well, so we should expect close to full preparation to defend against German aggression there, such as it is in Russia in 1941.
- Overall, we think we're doing better so far than we historically did.

So this is where things stand entering 1941. It's been a stretch between reports as I wanted to ensure I'm doing these things right, and it's also labor intensive to make all those switches. More fun than I expected though.

I reserve the right to re-deploy the Wehrmacht Reformed troops into different hexes within their proper starting zones. I didn't want to spend the time planning those attacks yet, but did want to get pictures of the step distribution. I think they'll all be full strength in time for the big show, depending what happens in damned Greece...

Now to get playing again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
preston smith
United States
Russellville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Excellent overall report. I struggled with Greece and it took me a extra turn to take out Poland....way back when.gulp Good luck G.I. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.