8 Posts

Risk: Game of Thrones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
yeyex wenex
msg tools
Got confuse for some rules:
1. When it says 'count up number of territories, castle and port..does it mean a territories with castle counted 2 point?
2. Can anyone please give some example to use knights, siege engine, and fortification.

Thank's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeyex wrote:
Got confuse for some rules:
1. When it says 'count up number of territories, castle and port..does it mean a territories with castle counted 2 point?
2. Can anyone please give some example to use knights, siege engine, and fortification.

Thank's

1. I don't know anywhere where you count up all 3 types (territories, castles AND ports).

For armies & gold you count up territories and castles and divide by three (with a minimum of 3 armies and gold). So yes, a territory with a castle is worth two points for this purpose.

Ports separately add 1 gold per port but no additional armies.

2. Instead of trading in sets of territory cards for normal armies, you can instead upgrade your existing forces with knights, siege engines, and fortifications (by trading in a single matching territory card).

Knights add +1 to highest die in attack or defence; a Siege Engine allows you to change one D6 to a D8 (it doesn't add a die as an army would but instead allows you to change a normal D6 die you would be able to roll in battle to a D8), or a Fortification adds +1 to ALL defense dice (the rulebook description is wrong - just use what is printed on the token).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yeyex wenex
msg tools
I count up all 3 from the Skirmish end game. It say's when I got the 'Valar Dohaeris' card from the territories deck, the game stop and count our territories, castle and port.

For No.2: So that means..for example when I roll and get 6 means I get 7?

And if I have 7 Knights/Fortification is that mean I got +7??

Another question:
Can I mix all together in 1 territories (all the special units) and is there any maximum to put in 1 territories?

Thank you for the help mr. Robert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes - I forgot about Skirmish (I haven't played that game mode yet). So yes, a territory with a port and castle would be worth three points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yeyex wenex
msg tools
Skirmish is very easy. I haven't play Domination yet. Still confuse for some rules like the special units and maester cards.

If you can help me with it. That is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Smith
msg tools
Re: Rules for 2 player skirmish
With the 2 player Essos map, it says to put down Westeros tokens as "neutral" refions and for players to have 12 place cards each.

I just wanted to check, if i was next to a neutral area does that just mean I can travel through to attack my opponent? Or can I take over the neutral area as well?

It says to shuffle the remaining place cards (presumably just the 10 neutral ones) but what happens then with the players each having 12 cards each, does that mean they can straight away get bonus armies from having a combo of knight/tower/artillary? When we played the Westeros board, you were allowed a max of 5 place cards, does this still apply in Essos & if so how will they get the bonus armies?
Thanks all in advance, I just got this for Christmas and didn't find the rule book that helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cerbone
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
The rule about trading in a territory card for a special unit is poorly written. My interpretation of "trading in a single card" was that it is meant to be in contrast to trading in a set of three cards for armies based on the special units on the card. They then go on with a trade-in example including trading in a set of three cards. If they meant to limit how often you can trade cards in per turn, then they should be a lot more explicit on the number of times you can do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils 1973
Netherlands
flag msg tools
You have to trade 3 territory cards for 1 special unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.