Subject: Question about the amount of fame points gained rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrik T
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading through the rules and get a bit confused over how much fame points you gain when performing at the Broken Bone, the Venoms Nest and when supporting Turbo on tour. After using google translate on the german rules I think that the english text for the Broken Bone is correct and the same thinking should be applied to the others. That means;

Broken Bone (using 2 dice): Fame points equal to 1x Bands Experience level and 2x Hardware level.

Venom Nest (using 3 dice): Fame points equal to 2x Bands Experience level and 1x Hardware level.

Turbo on tour: Fame points equal to 2x Experience level and 1x Hardware level and one neutral die roll.

Have I understood this correctly?

As the english rules are written now I could understand the Turbo on tour as 2x(Experience level+hardware level+neutral die roll). This would mean a huge difference in points as I would double up on the sum of everything and not only the experience level.

Apart from the poorly translated english rules I'm really looking forward to trying out the game for the first time tonight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you got it right.
Don't know if you read my other post with rules questions, but in doubt look at the icons on the board. These are correct.
You'll see that the "x2" note is just added to the icons where they are really applied.
The German translation is no better, but it's okay to know how the game is played and get it started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik T
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I read your questions and the answers you got but still felt a bit unsecure We're going for the gameboard symbols just as you said!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Rieberghs
Belgium
Turnhout
-- Maak uw keuze --
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lines42 wrote:
Yes, you got it right.
Don't know if you read my other post with rules questions, but in doubt look at the icons on the board. These are correct.
You'll see that the "x2" note is just added to the icons where they are really applied.
The German translation is no better, but it's okay to know how the game is played and get it started.

Indeed, we played it also like that last night, the board is always right. The icons are pretty clear what they mean but the rulebook is a mess.
One other question, our game last night ended with a topscore of 327 points !! Isn't that a lot ?? I've got the feeling that maybe we did something wrong ??
What are your scores untill now ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik T
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dirkske wrote:
Lines42 wrote:
Yes, you got it right.

Indeed, we played it also like that last night, the board is always right. The icons are pretty clear what they mean but the rulebook is a mess.
One other question, our game last night ended with a topscore of 327 points !! Isn't that a lot ?? I've got the feeling that maybe we did something wrong ??
What are your scores untill now ??

Played it for the first time tonight and I was about to ask the same thing We didn't get that much points but three of us just passed 200pts while the winner ended up around 230, which we also thought was quite a lot of points. A very good game though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.