Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolas Guibert
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

The buildings or assistants need to be paid in coins coming from goods value.

Can we pay those coins from goods in hand? I suppose no as the cost of these goods is not displayed on cards...

Those rules are really confusing. I hope Lookout will have a good rewrite. The assistant purchase illustration is also misleading.

Thx for helping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you cannot pay from hand (these are not goods, but raw material). You can use the cards from hand as input in your production only. And of course in phase two, where you choose one of your hand cards to be the building you aim to build in that round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Guibert
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much. The notion of raw material is not present in the rules. I thought about this but there did not seem to be anything suggesting it existed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 2 in the rulebook shows that each card can be used in three ways:
- as Resource (or raw material)
- as Building
- or as Goods that the building produced when a card is put face-down on that building

Later it says that paying for a building or assistant requires you to discard Goods, totalling the value (in coins) of those discarded Goods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Yum
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Damiste wrote:
Hi,

The buildings or assistants need to be paid in coins coming from goods value.

Can we pay those coins from goods in hand? I suppose no as the cost of these goods is not displayed on cards...

Those rules are really confusing. I hope Lookout will have a good rewrite. The assistant purchase illustration is also misleading.

Thx for helping.

We also found the rules quite confusing.

The only source of coins is from the face down cards that are stacked on a building. These cards represent the goods produced by that building.

So, for instance, in our three player game we each had seven cards on our starting blue building. The seven cards represented seven parcels of coal. Each coal is worth one coin.

During the building phase, we could remove cards from the coal building to pay for the new building.

==

Cards in your hand are used either as the resource designated in the center left of the card (sheep, wood, grain, ore) or played as a potential building to be built.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.