Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically it's "Here's two decks of cards that we're not even going to try to attempt to help you store after you open them." After you open the decks, there's no wells in the insert to keep them separate, no bags, no tuck boxes. Now, there are other games which don't help you store the deck either, but those games don't stress how important it is to not see the front or back of the cards in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it would have been nice if there was some kind of holding insert
for the decks.

Guess I'll have to make my own, again!

... Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kr├╝ger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't you supposed to use the base game box to "save" the game state? Which also does not work, though. Wells too small for tokens, can't get the time token out once it is in, nothing prevents everything from falling out when bumped...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Roza
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Yeah I agree that the Marcy Case box should have come with something better to keep the two decks in. It's a nice looking box, but it's a weird format considering what is in it. I figure they are planning to add something extra (bigger) in the other cases maybe?

The main box is designed a lot better and I didn't really have a lot of problems with getting the components in. Yes you have some extra tokens which you can just store underneath the tray in the plastic bag that came with the box. You probably don't need that many tokens anyway.
The time token is a problem though, because it sinks into the tray too deep and you have to really dig to get it out. The little player markers also tend to fall out, because there is no direct lid to hold them in place and they are not long enough to touch the box lid.

Everything looks amazing, but it feels as if they did not really playtest the inserts. Normally not a huge problem, but since we are paying for a luxury object, which looks and costs like something from an Apple Store, you really want everything working perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also disappointed that the two card decks didn't come with blank cards on the bottom of each deck. That required some fast thinking on my part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Control Denied
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
taraba wrote:
Basically it's "Here's two decks of cards that we're not even going to try to attempt to help you store after you open them." After you open the decks, there's no wells in the insert to keep them separate, no bags, no tuck boxes. Now, there are other games which don't help you store the deck either, but those games don't stress how important it is to not see the front or back of the cards in the deck.

I'm not so concerned about seeing the backs of the cards, I just don't understand why they didn't at least include some bags. It's having to keep the things in order that is the issue for me.

Luckily, I have some extra bags from a different game that came with my order, so there's that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Van 't veld
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RAVENBURG wrote:
I was also disappointed that the two card decks didn't come with blank cards on the bottom of each deck. That required some fast thinking on my part.

Yup. Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my Goodwill solution : Sharper image leather box (from Glass Soduku set), fabric dicebags for cards. Every case solved has an image placed on the case - with initials and dates of players involved.

With white dice tray and token holder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Perry
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My quick, easy and inexpensive solution is here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24972333#24972333

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.