Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Carter
United States
Neptune
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was shocked this morning to find out that Kill Doctor Lucky was on Kickstarter. I was even more shocked that to get the base game was 50$ since I bought my copy on amazon for 26$ a couple years ago. Then, I was most shocked to see that the same copy that I bought on amazon is now going for 400$! It sort of makes me wish that my original copy wasn't so beaten up. But, I have to remind myself that I buy games for the fun, not as an investment.

I did contribute to the kickstarter. But, I'm curious: What are the differences between the rules in this version? Is Clover Shamrock the dog still involved?

Thank you!

Edit: got the dog's name wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myron Fairweather
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I think the announcement for the Kill Doctor Lucky Open Beta is the best list of the differences, including :

"Lucky's beloved dog Shamrock is no more, but he now has a cat named Patience."

You can also download and print your own copy via the Open Beta page itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McNeil
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 2002 Director's Cut edition. It probably cost me $6. I had the original but upgraded to Director's Cut for the flavour text. I'm fine with that one. KDL is a fun game, but it's not worth $50, no matter how pretty you make it (and I actually prefer the card art in those older versions).

That said, naming the two banana peel failure cards "The Pledge" and "The Prestige" is genius.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.