Smash Up: Munchkin» Forums » General

Subject: Monsters monsters everwhere. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dr oosp
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi fellow gamers,
So wife and I played our first game last night but I think we played it wrong. Can munchkins kill monsters? We played where a level 3 monster was killed by a level 4 or higher munchkin so we were killing monsters left and right and going through the treasure really fast .. I could not find clarification in this but felt wrong. Any help appreciated and forgive typing etc
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
droosp wrote:
Hi fellow gamers,
So wife and I played our first game last night but I think we played it wrong. Can munchkins kill monsters? We played where a level 3 monster was killed by a level 4 or higher munchkin so we were killing monsters left and right and going through the treasure really fast .. I could not find clarification in this but felt wrong. Any help appreciated and forgive typing etc
Thank you

I believe you can only kill monsters like you kill other minions. so you need a card or ability that says "destroy a minion"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasser Masood
msg tools
You can only kill a monster with cards that explicitly say you can destroy a monster or minion (a monster is a kind of minion). Higher power doesn't destroy lower power minions/monsters automatically (although there are a couple card abilities that work in that manner).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Kaup
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It plays like Smash Up, not like Munchkin. You need something that destroys a monster or minion to destroy a monster or minion. Also, "munchkins" isn't a defined term in Smash Up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
droosp wrote:
Can munchkins kill monsters?

What are you referring to when you say "munchkins"?

As another responder pointed out, this is Smash Up, not Munchkin so there isn't any combat per-say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.