Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Kraken scenario, once the Wendega has been awakened, can the holder of the Franklin Keystone move the Wendega around the Tomb by spending action tokens? Does the Wendega follow the controller around?

We assumed the Wendega stayed put unless the controller spent actions to move it. It just seemed wierd that the controller could be in the Masonic Lodge on level 1 while the Wendega was on level 3 fighting the Kraken. Did we do this right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So...

Here's what the Scenario Booklet Says

"The adventurer with the Franklin Keystone controls the Wendega. After spending an Action token, the controlling player may take an action with the Wendega, which does not cost another Action token."

Simply put, the player with the Franklin Keystone may perform any action they choose, THEN take a Free Action with the Wendega.

Meaning, basically, the Wendega goes right after the Adventurer goes.

So you wouldn't have to stay in the Grand High Masonic Lodge... you could move and act and combat and search etc.... and then you can move the Wendega and Combat with the Wendega etc

Thanks for the Question!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, did I misinterpret that sentence. I thought I had to spend my action token to control the Wendega. Oh well, we won anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Man, did I misinterpret that sentence. I thought I had to spend my action token to control the Wendega. Oh well, we won anyway.

Nice!
Spoiler (click to reveal)
So the Kraken won't destroy the USA! We appreciate your help in saving the East Coast!
sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Prass
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:

Well, same for me...

We stayed in the Lodge and only moved the Wendega.

Yes, we won, too and saved Germany *bg*

But the sentence is correct, Matt and I read it wrong. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrPanic wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:

Well, same for me...

We stayed in the Lodge and only moved the Wendega.

Yes, we won, too and saved Germany *bg*

But the sentence is correct, Matt and I read it wrong. blush

no problem! We wanted to make it as fair as possible so you don't lose your control over your character!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.