Subject: Roads & Briges rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
loic boisnier
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
If a buyer is on raod with bridge, can it turn on the croosing road ?
When a "shop" is on the other side of the road, can the buyer but the item ?
When i do a mailing campaign, how works bridges ?
When i arrived to a dead-end, can the mailer go over ?

Sorry for my broken english, i hope my questions is understable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
loic wrote:
If a buyer is on raod with bridge, can it turn on the croosing road ?

No, you can't turn on the bridge, it's its purpose and why the graphic it's different from a crossroad.

Quote:
When a "shop" is on the other side of the road, can the buyer but the item ?

Yes, the lanes are not considered in the game.

Quote:

On this I may be wrong, but I guess that both roads "cut" the block.

Quote:

No U-turn admitted, so no, you can't go back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Galandil wrote:
loic wrote:
On this I may be wrong, but I guess that both roads "cut" the block.

The tile illustration seems unclear about the construction of the roads. Based on the English, I would agree that "crossing a road" generally includes going under it. On the other hand, the German rules use the term "überqueren" which is (if I understand correctly) more specific to crossing something by going over it.

I'd appreciate clarification on this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*Galandil casts Summon Jeroen* sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bridges cut off the corners for a mailbox campaign, exactly like a regular (4-way) crossing does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdsplotter wrote:
The bridges cut off the corners for a mailbox campaign, exactly like a regular (4-way) crossing does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
loic boisnier
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Galandil wrote:

Quote:

No U-turn admitted, so no, you can't go back.

For mailing purpose, it's not really a U turn, you stay in the same block.

On this picture :

If a mailer mails in the lower block (which on without house with a source of soda and one of beer). We have a dead-end (bottom of 4th house). If i do a mailing campaign beginning at the soda source, to the right. What happens when i'm arriving to the dead-end. I stop here, or i continue, mailing the potentially houses near the beer source ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
loic wrote:
For mailing purpose, it's not really a U turn, you stay in the same block.

On this picture :

If a mailer mails in the lower block (which on without house with a source of soda and one of beer). We have a dead-end (bottom of 4th house). If i do a mailing campaign beginning at the soda source, to the right. What happens when i'm arriving to the dead-end. I stop here, or i continue, mailing the potentially houses near the beer source ?

If I understand you correctly, you're asking what exactly is a block in a mailing campaign.

Look at this image, the block which you're referring to:

If there's a mailing campaign token in either of the blue-bordered squares, then any house in the block, surrounded by red, is reached by that campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why only in those two blue squares?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
loic boisnier
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
It's what i think, but i want to be sure. Thank you very much.
And congratulations to Jeroen and Doumen for this incredible game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eapeas wrote:

Because I like those two more than all the other empty squares. devil

Bear in mind that I didn't say "only" in those 2, I just chose them for the example, they can go anywhere in the block, it wouldn't make any difference as long as mailbox campaign goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Galandil wrote:
eapeas wrote:

Bear in mind that I didn't say "only" in those 2, I just chose them for the example, they can go anywhere in the block, it wouldn't make any difference as long as mailbox campaign goes.

Ok cool. I just wanted to make sure you weren't confused and thought they had to go into specific spots within a block. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eapeas wrote:
Ok cool. I just wanted to make sure you weren't confused and thought they had to go into specific spots within a block. thumbsup

Thanks, it's always better to double-check things in order not to confuse others.

The reality is that I didn't have the time and patience to circle all the empty squares with blue lines. Such a lazy guy I am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Lastri
Italy
Verona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Galandil wrote:
eapeas wrote:

Just to be absolutely precise, they must connect to the road used to reach the tile so not all of them are available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flastri wrote:
Just to be absolutely precise, they must connect to the road used to reach the tile so not all of them are available.

Nope, all the squares inside the block are available, the rule states clearly:

A mailbox reaches all houses it can get to without crossing a road

So you can move orthogonally on every square, up to the squares adjacent to a road.

For example, a mailbox put in the leftmost blue square in my image can and indeed reach the square directly NE of it (the one SE of the beer symbol), even if this square is not adjacent to the road.

I really need to read with more attention before answering at random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Seifert
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He is referring to the general placement rule of billboards, mailboxes, and radios which must be adjacent to the road used by the marketer to reach the tile*.

* But looking at it now, does this rule still apply if the marketer travels by air? They didn't use a road, but do they still need to place the campaign next to a road?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:
He is referring to the general placement rule of billboards, mailboxes, and radios which must be adjacent to the road used by the marketer to reach the tile*.

Ooops sorry, I was still thinking about the area of effectiveness of the mailbox campaign, my bad.

Quote:
* But looking at it now, does this rule still apply if the marketer travels by air? They didn't use a road, but do they still need to place the campaign next to a road?

Yes, it's specifically stated in the rule on page 8, under Placing the campaign:

Billboards, mailboxes and radios must be placed on empty squares on the board. They must connect to the road used to reach the tile.

So Radios must still be placed adjacent to a road. For the Airplane campaign, instead, always citing the rules:

Airplanes must be placed on the side of the board. Airplanes do not have to be connected to a road and are not affected by range.

Those pretty much cover everything about placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Seifert
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The difference being there is no longer a "road used to reach the tile" when you're flying be zeppelin. I'm sure that it's supposed to be "place next to any road" just like the regional manager (airship restaurant placement) but it's not clarified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:
The difference being there is no longer a "road used to reach the tile" when you're flying be zeppelin. I'm sure that it's supposed to be "place next to any road" just like the regional manager (airship restaurant placement) but it's not clarified.

I'm sorry, I'm not following you, why are you talking about zeppelins? The Zeppelin Pilot is a buyer, not a marketeer.

You don't actually put a Zeppelin Pilot on the map, you just start the buying route from one of your restaurants and travel tile by tile orthogonally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm definitely happy to have this answered. When I first saw intersections that weren't 4-way intersections, I couldn't recall having read anything in the rules about 'bridges' and connectivity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Seifert
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Galandil wrote:
golden_cow2 wrote:

I'm sorry, I'm not following you, why are you talking about zeppelins? The Zeppelin Pilot is a buyer, not a marketeer.

You don't actually put a Zeppelin Pilot on the map, you just start the buying route from one of your restaurants and travel tile by tile orthogonally.

The brand manager (place airplane or lower) and brand director (place radio or lower) travel by unlimited-range zeppelin. Because they do not travel by road, the "road used to reach the tile" doesn't make any sense for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:
The brand manager (place airplane or lower) and brand director (place radio or lower) travel by unlimited-range zeppelin. Because they do not travel by road, the "road used to reach the tile" doesn't make any sense for them.

I see what you mean, still that sentence doesn't apply to the Airplane campaign.

You're talking about the fact that:

Brand directors are not limited by range. They can place campaigns on areas that they cannot reach by road.

opposes this statement below:

Billboards, mailboxes and radios must be place on empty squares on the board. They must connect to the road used to reach the tile.

I guess the intent of the rule is to let Radio placement the same as New Restaurant placement when using a Regional Manager: anywhere on the board, only condition is that it must adjacent to a road.

Unless they put "radios" in the last cited sentence and so radios can be put anywhere on the board, without even be adjacent to a road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
loic boisnier
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
New question about mailing. In the picture above, what happens for a mailing campaign in the upper side with the house 7. If i places a mail in front of the house 10 (on the other side of the road), is it OK for the house 7 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mail can not cross roads, period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
loic wrote:
New question about mailing. In the picture above, what happens for a mailing campaign in the upper side with the house 7. If i places a mail in front of the house 10 (on the other side of the road), is it OK for the house 7 ?

I think you are still confusing the difference between placing a campaign and its effects once it is running. It has nothing at all to do with u-turns or dead-ends. As eapeas wrote: Once a mailing campaign is installed, it is limited by roads and can never cross or follow them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.