Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In setup all fighter squadrons must have a vector marker(flights do not need a vector marker) set on the map ,is this right?;the arrow on the vector marker is where the nose of the air counter should be pointing when he gets to the vector square?

2. Cloud counters are placed on two squares, in between these two counters is where the cloud is in effect;is cloud in effect in all adjacent squares to the cloud counter and all way across to the other cloud counter?

3. The range of flak units is Lt Flak 4 or less squares and Heavy flak can rach any altitude up to two squares away from the flak unit,is this right?

4. What is the allowable bombing range in squares ,2-10 high or what?

5. In the scenario I'm playing it states my British has a CGI 4, what does that mean in game terms?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
On the other side!
badge
On the other side!
mbmbmbmbmb
sguard wrote:
1. In setup all fighter squadrons must have a vector marker(flights do not need a vector marker) set on the map ,is this right?;the arrow on the vector marker is where the nose of the air counter should be pointing when he gets to the vector square?

2. Cloud counters are placed on two squares, in between these two counters is where the cloud is in effect;is cloud in effect in all adjacent squares to the cloud counter and all way across to the other cloud counter?

3. The range of flak units is Lt Flak 4 or less squares and Heavy flak can rach any altitude up to two squares away from the flak unit,is this right?

5. In the scenario I'm playing it states my British has a CGI 4, what does that mean in game terms?

1. Yes for vector marker, no for the pointing.

2. All the way to the other counter, but not adjacent.

3. Yes.

4. No range per se I think, you just incur worse and worse aiming modifiers.

5. You can change vector for your squadrons on die rolls of 4 or more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sguard wrote:
1. In setup all fighter squadrons must have a vector marker(flights do not need a vector marker) set on the map ,is this right?

(1) See squadron definition in the glossary. All rules that apply to squadrons also apply to flights unless otherwise indicated. So flights DO require a vector marker.

(2) Only squadrons with Intercept missions set up on the map with a vector marker (see 5.3, third para).

sguard wrote:
The arrow on the vector marker is where the nose of the air counter should be pointing when he gets to the vector square?

No. The arrow is just a graphic. The rules say nothing about where the squadron should be pointed on reaching the vector target square. So they just point wherever they are pointed on entering the square.

sguard wrote:

Rule 4.5 says that placing a cloud marker in a square fills that square with cloud. If placed at the boundary of two or four squares, it fills those squares with cloud. (See the cloud and rain example in the sidebar on page 9.)

sguard wrote:

Rule 14.2.4 says:

Light Flak can fire at any squadron in the same column or up to two columns away that is at altitude 4 or less.

Heavy Flak can fire at any squadron in the same column or up to two
columns away, regardless of altitude.

sguard wrote:

I don't understand the question. Can you please rephrase?

sguard wrote:

See rule 9.2.4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.