United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
i support mark omalley first president with an apostrophe in his name~

Yet you leave out the apostrophe. Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:

I yearn for the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
GameCrossing wrote:
single sentences wrote:

also his real name is martin omalley but ive learned a long time ago that most everyone in rsp is too lowbrow for my highly sophisticated humor (except kuhrusty this guy gets it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
and slatersteven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
and slatersteven
I would be a crap first president (of what by the way?), even with an apostrophe (s'latersteven?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
slatersteven wrote:
single sentences wrote:
and slatersteven
I would be a crap first president (of what by the way?), even with an apostrophe (s'latersteven?).

i would say you have the chance to be the first foreign citizen to become president but then we already had obama
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
single sentences wrote:
and slatersteven

i would say you have the chance to be the first foreign citizen to become president but then we already had obama
Ohhh could you imagine the exploding heads if that was to come to pass.

My first policy would be to outlaw Rupert Murdoch and Piers Morgan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
single sentences wrote:
and slatersteven

Washington, Adams, Jefferson - all those guys up to and including Andrew Jackson were foreigners. English subjects by birth, the lot of 'em. The first "born American" president was Martin van Buren - who spoke Dutch.

Wait, what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
single sentences wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
single sentences wrote:
and slatersteven

Washington, Adams, Jefferson - all those guys up to and including Andrew Jackson were foreigners. English subjects by birth, the lot of 'em. The first "born American" president was Martin van Buren - who spoke Dutch.

Wait, what?
So when did the ban come in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
wifwendell wrote:
single sentences wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
single sentences wrote:
and slatersteven

Wait, what?

and wheres their apostrophe duh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
single sentences wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
single sentences wrote:
and slatersteven

Ohhh could you imagine the exploding heads if that was to come to pass.

My first policy would be to outlaw Rupert Murdoch and Piers Morgan.

If you'd also get rid of the penny and put us on the metric system you'd have my vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
single sentences wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
single sentences wrote:
and slatersteven

Wait, what?

The Constitution gave those born before 1776 a pass...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
O'bama
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
single sentences wrote:

also his real name is martin omalley but ive learned a long time ago that most everyone in rsp is too lowbrow for my highly sophisticated humor (except kuhrusty this guy gets it)

I just hate that you cheat. If you're gonna set some rules, stick to 'em!

((()))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
windsagio wrote:
I just hate that you cheat. If you're gonna set some rules, stick to 'em!

((()))

its not about sticking to a rule (which wouldnt forbid multiple "single sentences" by the way) but to avoid getting bogged down in elongated discussions with idiots who are too dumb and proud to understand complex issues anyway~

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
i should clarify i dont have a problem with either pride or dumbassery - its only when locked together do the two combine for a deadly combination that makes a person fatally incapable of realizing or alleviating their own ignorance~ (as evidenced by several rsp conservatives)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
single sentences wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
single sentences wrote:
and slatersteven

Wait, what?

Bloody Crony politics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
single sentences wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
single sentences wrote:
and slatersteven

Wait, what?

Were any of them not born in the Colonies? I think at that time, that was a big deal. Colonialism was great when they were all from England and settling the place...after 4-5 generations and there is a culture built around the place you are born that deviates from the "motherland" colonialism gets strained. Another reason why states rights is an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GuidoVanHorn wrote:
Were any of them not born in the Colonies? I think at that time, that was a big deal. Colonialism was great when they were all from England and settling the place...after 4-5 generations and there is a culture built around the place you are born that deviates from the "motherland" colonialism gets strained. Another reason why states rights is an issue.

The three that were mentioned by wifwendell were all born in the Colonies - but they were technically "foreign born", since the colonies were British, not American, at the time they were born. So the rules had to be stretched to include a "grandfather clause" to allow for anyone born prior to 1776 to be exempt from the "natural-born citizen" requirement - otherwise, they would have had to wait until 1811 when the first person born after 1776 would have become age-eligible at 35.

Actually, the Constitution allowed the early presidents to become President because they automatically became US Citizens at the time the Constitution was ratified. The "natural born" part wasn't enforced against anyone that was born prior to 1776.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.