Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So the Family Innovation allows for passing on of Surnames as well as some Weapon Proficiency and half of the level of proficiency for one parent.

Let's say that the parent that we choose to take the name and proficiency of is at 5 Grand Weapon. This means that the new survivor gets 2 proficiency levels and Grand proficiency selected for them even though they're Hunt XP 0.

One question about the above scenario. If I now have Grand Weapon Proficiency 2, do I also have the ability to change proficiencies or do I need to wait until I pickup Hunt XP 2 to gain this ability (to switch). I already assume that they have the ability to gain proficiency levels with the currently granted weapon (someone let me know if they think that that part is incorrect.

On a similar note, a second question. If I have two parents with weapon proficiencies and either 1 or no levels in weapon proficiency I am allowed to pass on the proficiency with 0 levels to a newborn (and they can then grow their weapon proficiency from hunt xp 0 instead of hunt xp 2+, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing yes in all regards- there's nothing we've found that restricts it, and it's effectively as if you'd achieved the weapon proficiency half of the first age event with half the level of your parent, the same way there are numerous ways of achieving a +1 str stat buff or whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Blueskew wrote:
One question about the above scenario. If I now have Grand Weapon Proficiency 2, do I also have the ability to change proficiencies or do I need to wait until I pickup Hunt XP 2 to gain this ability (to switch).

I'm reasonably sure you have to wait for Hunt XP 2 since before that point they can't select weapons and Family just grants a specific one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
Blueskew wrote:
One question about the above scenario. If I now have Grand Weapon Proficiency 2, do I also have the ability to change proficiencies or do I need to wait until I pickup Hunt XP 2 to gain this ability (to switch).

I'm reasonably sure you have to wait for Hunt XP 2 since before that point they can't select weapons and Family just grants a specific one.

I think this needs to go to Adam for an FAQ answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing it the same way. As a weapon is already declared, you should be able to level in it immediately. You're so accustomed to seeing mom or dad swinging around that giant ass sword that the weapon is second nature to you, but the ability to explore other options is still a coming of age thing. Which is why Saga is so good, the ability to (re)declare a weapon right at birth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Alexander
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Family can pass on Weapon Proficiency early.

One of the Random Events lets you gain +3 weapon proficiency, and parenthesis tells you to select the proficiency if you haven't already. This is before the Age mark.

So you're clear to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.