Subject: Campaign and Hero questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
I noticed the final campaign scenario rewards you with the Ooze Wand when you complete it. But what is the point of this 'reward' since there is no mission after that?

Furthermore, is there supposed to be a list of cards you are not allowed to initially put into a 1-player deck, because you might just be rewarding yourself with one or more cards you already have in your deck.

Please clarify, I'm a bit confused by this.

Also, are heroes meant to also be used in the 2-player game? If we do so, are we supposed to just level them up to max before playing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Grens
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some thoughts on this based on conversations with the designer TJ over the months. Keep in mind I don't have my game copy yet with the final rulebook or anything so I can't really back up what I'm saying right now, but here's my unofficial take-

Cymsdale wrote:
I noticed the final campaign scenario rewards you with the Ooze Wand when you complete it. But what is the point of this 'reward' since there is no mission after that?

I think we can hopefully expect there to be additional 1 player campaigns in the future. Aside from that, I believe the real idea here is that now the Ooze Wand can now be slotted into any deck for 2 player play. Of course no one is stopping anyone from just using it without even bothering with the 1 player, but I think it's more fun to actually earn it.

Cymsdale wrote:
Furthermore, is there supposed to be a list of cards you are not allowed to initially put into a 1-player deck, because you might just be rewarding yourself with one or more cards you already have in your deck.

Not that I'm aware of. You can tune your deck with factionless add-ins the same way you would for any 2 player game. The exception of course being you can't use cards from the "Mercenary" deck because you're playing against it.

Cymsdale wrote:
Also, are heroes meant to also be used in the 2-player game? If we do so, are we supposed to just level them up to max before playing?

Yes, the Heroes are intended to add variety and flavor to the 2-player game, but strictly optional. As in you and your opponent agree beforehand- are we playing the standard game or spicing it up with Heroes? And they do not need to be leveled up.

Does that help clear up any of the confusion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Dunbar
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Cymsdale wrote:

The campaign has been defeated ONCE. Now try it with the Undead, or with the Orcs! What was easy with the Humans (say scenario #2) will be mildly harder with the Orcs! And that tough fight with the Humans (say Scenario #8) may be a bit easier with the Lunar Hunt (Werewolves). Our goal was to continue to have the Single Player Campaign be exciting and replayable with different Warbands, as Victory Conditions and Unit population plays to some Warbands strengths and sometimes to some Warbands weaknesses.

Loving the feedback and questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MomentumVolsk wrote:
Cymsdale wrote:

The campaign has been defeated ONCE. Now try it with the Undead, or with the Orcs!

Thanks for the reply -- but it's not clear how this answers the question. Because surely you're not suggesting that you use the reward card when you re-start the campaign with a new faction...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
Wretched Git wrote:
MomentumVolsk wrote:
Cymsdale wrote:

The campaign has been defeated ONCE. Now try it with the Undead, or with the Orcs!

Thanks for the reply -- but it's not clear how this answers the question. Because surely you're not suggesting that you use the reward card when you re-start the campaign with a new faction...?

It sounds like he is suggesting exactly that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.