Mike Willner
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several questions popped up in the recent games we had:

1) When exactly is Overrun victory checked? At the end of the turn (after all commitment and combat) Or at the start of the turn during Committment. we had a situation where my opponent had no front line for two turns. Then she played a Frontline unit during Commitment, which I desrtoyed during Combat. If we were checking for Overrun at the END of the turn I would have won (i.e. a thrid turn with no Frontline unit). If it was checked after Commitment we would need to play on (she drew and played a front line unit).

2) Front line vs Rear Line: We had a situation where my opponnet had no front line units, and a few Rear LIne units. I had only Front Line units. According to the rules Front Line can only shoot at Front Line so I was not able to fire at any of the rearlines units. Is that correct?

3) When a card affords an Attack Bonus, does that mean I improve my roll to hit by that amount (i.e. if I have an attack bonus of 1, does my roll of 13 become a 14), or does it increase my Intensity by one (my roll of 8 for Intensity becomes a 9)?

Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The Overrun is based on three consecutive turns of no troops in the frontline "after commitment". If they commit and even get destoyed the clock resets. (pg 9)

2) Correct. The rearline moves to the frontline at the beginning of the next turn when there are no more frontline units left. (pg12)

3) Attack Bonus is applied to the hit roll. (pg14)

There are a lot of interesting combinations of occurrences with command cards, no crews, special damage, special units, scenarios rules, etc. Hang in there and have fun!

[I just realized this was a post to the original SP43 and I referenced the pages in the EF version. The EF rules are available at the CEW website.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Willner
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the pointer to the East Front expansion rules ... certainly more clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Collins
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gary. Mike if you have any more questions, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.