Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Tharp
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hobby game designer, please print and play my games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played a 3-player game. Put in 2 exploding kittens, Each player got a defuse. Rest of the defuse cards went in the deck. Shuffled and then started to play.

We got to the bottom of the deck and only one player had been exploded and both remaining players had at least one defuse card in hand. Rules say you can't run out of draw pile, but somehow we did. A little confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one exploding kitten card came up? Where is the other one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I can think of is that somehow you ended up with an exploding kitten in the discard pile on a defuse or 2? Remember to INSERT the defused exploding kitten card back into the deck. Only successful exploding kitten cards get discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schomburg
United States
Maplewood
MN
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your draw pile cannot run out as you always put the exploding kitten cards back in the draw pile. At the bare minimum, your draw pile should have been 2 copies of exploding kittens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Tharp
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hobby game designer, please print and play my games!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Exploding Kitten was the last card and I had multiple defuses in hand so I guess we should have just played it out and kept putting it back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fifisdead wrote:
The Exploding Kitten was the last card and I had multiple defuses in hand so I guess we should have just played it out and kept putting it back?
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is kind of the goal at the end of the draw deck. The more diffuse cards that you can stock pile up in hand before you get to that point, the safer you are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The kitten goes into the deck, the defuse goes into the discard pile. Eventually there won't be enough defuses and two players will be eliminated.

Suggestion, instead of putting the kitten on the bottom of the deck with a defuse, put it on top, so it hits the next player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.