Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is each player restricted to 12 cubes during the course of all seven rounds? (Yes, I know 14 are listed but one is used to mark turn order and another is used to mark how many cubes you earn as income.)

It was just odd to get the seventh round and realize that I only had two cubes left to use as the others were all on buildings on the board. That final round felt underwhelming...particularly since the seventh round requires use of cubes to purchase the techs/developments.

Is this game all about best/most efficient use of 12 cubes during 7 rounds?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No. Not limited.

See the "Player Mat Note" section under Player Components early in the rules. 12 seemed to be clearly not enough in my play earlier this evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for pointing that out - figured I must have missed something in the rules. 12 cubes is NOT enough. I might try to rustle up more cubes in the player colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You sure you played right? You use only one cube for one building, you know that? You need to have 12 buildings/propellers before running out on cubes. That sounds odd to be, because my experience was, that you manage to build one per round, maybe in some rounds a second one, but normally one.

Maybe you also used markers to mark gardens? Because that would be wrong since they are neutral. Just asking. Maybe you played something wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:
You sure you played right? You use only one cube for one building, you know that? You need to have 12 buildings/propellers before running out on cubes. That sounds odd to be, because my experience was, that you manage to build one per round, maybe in some rounds a second one, but normally one.

Yes, we played that correctly. There were 2-3 turns where I built 2 buildings and claimed a propeller. We did not claim any parks.

The rules for this one were pretty straightforward and written well, much better than any previous experiences with Spielwerxx game rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It still makes me wonder because my playtesting experience was, that it was quite hard to get so many buildings/propellers. But maybe you guys are just way better players than I am. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
we also ran out of cubes but just used a substitute.It only occured in the last round after claiming plots before building

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:

Maybe you also used markers to mark gardens? Because that would be wrong since they are neutral. Just asking. Maybe you played something wrong.

Sure, but you might have as many has 5 or 6 cubes out there reserving spaces you have not yet built on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... You are right... Bummer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Garcia
Portugal
Tomar
Lisboa
flag msg tools
designer
I am addicted to Game Design!
badge
Time flies when designing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
Is each player restricted to 12 cubes during the course of all seven rounds? (Yes, I know 14 are listed but one is used to mark turn order and another is used to mark how many cubes you earn as income.)

It was just odd to get the seventh round and realize that I only had two cubes left to use as the others were all on buildings on the board. That final round felt underwhelming...particularly since the seventh round requires use of cubes to purchase the techs/developments.

Is this game all about best/most efficient use of 12 cubes during 7 rounds?

Hello,

It seems that the cubes in color players are not enough. However, there are no limits of them. The 7th turn should be one of the best because of the new possibilities on the market etc. I hope you can try it without this issue or misinterpretation of the rules meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathryn Harmon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:
It still makes me wonder because my playtesting experience was, that it was quite hard to get so many buildings/propellers. But maybe you guys are just way better players than I am. :-)

I am wondering if you were play testing predominately 4 player, and that is why you didn't run out of cubes? We play two player and have never had a game where we didn't run out of cubes. We just added cubes from our stash for the game. Yesterday we played three player and I got both the 2 cube discount for 2's and 3's and the discount for 4's and 5's market tiles. I built 10 medium buildings over the course of the game! So no, not nearly enough cubes. Here is a picture of my combination. It worked quite nicely...

It was really fun! I also got the market tile that gives you money for medium buildings, I bought two propellers with the 30 money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
katlibrary wrote:

I am wondering if you were play testing predominately 4 player, and that is why you didn't run out of cubes?

I played it a couple of times with 4 playes, some times with 2 players and one time with 3.

But the gme changed from playtest to playtest and maybe results were not comparable...

But this is the thing with playtesting dozens of times (not me in this case but in other cases), hoping you got everything planned and thought of and once you got the game out there are hundreds of plays (this time not for testing any longer, but the results are just the same... ;-) ) for the game and things happen you never thought were possible...

And one thing is also possible. Well, I cannot think of it as a real possiblity... But maybe I am just not that good of a player than others... Yeah, I know. I don't think so either. But you have at least take this into account as a possibility. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Immaterial wrote:

Hello,

It seems that the cubes in color players are not enough. However, there are no limits of them. The 7th turn should be one of the best because of the new possibilities on the market etc. I hope you can try it without this issue or misinterpretation of the rules meeple

So use proxy cubes if players ran out of cubes?
No limited to 12 then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathryn Harmon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:
Immaterial wrote:

Hello,

So use proxy cubes if players ran out of cubes?
No limited to 12 then?

We pulled them from other games as needed...
Tigris and Euphrates has red blue and green perfect sizes. The yellow cubes came from some game that we upgraded...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.