Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
Come to the dark side we got cookies.
mbmbmbmbmb
So we had our first game yesterday. I think game wise this game is very solid and has a lot of dept / replayability, I simply LOVE it!

My biggest annoyance was resource cube colors... How could a well established publisher with all this experience do such a huge mistake?

First dark pink resource and red player marker... Really out of all the colors you had to choose those to shades of red and pink? It's almost indistinguishable.

Second the god forsaken YELLOW resource cubes which are actually not yellow but almost white. Those actually slowed the game, and confused players on which resources the players had on multiple occasions.

Ohhh also there is the lack of player cubes. We all ran out of cubes during round 6...

I know these might be little things but when I pay a premium for 60€ I expect to have an amazing quality game both in gameplay and game components.

I hope Spielworxx does the decent thing and change the colors on second edition, increase the number of cubes. And while doing that provides us the first edition owners with replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played my copy yet but this was a big concern for me when z I saw it at Essen. So much so that I even tried to source some alternate cubes at Essen but could only find much larger ones. They are about the same size as the one in Khronos though. That came with such poor quality cubes the manufacturer replaced them but I think poor quality cubes are better than indistinguishable ones. Or then there is the original gold from Tzolkin that was too much like the wood so the manufacturer provided a replacement in the expansion.
So there is a precedent. If the components are so poor that they affect play the manufacturer should provide replacements
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
I have exactly the same remarks.

gameplay = great!

components, especially colours are really a downer
beige and white resource-cubes? shake think again spielworxx.

As it is, at least one player from our group will have difficulties with this. Putting him at a disadvantage.

So the only way I guess is to replace some of the components.

Actually another idea I had if you want to be in economic mode:
- there are 4 players
- there are 4 types of resource cubes
- each has a certain amount of cubes but none of these are "limited" ingame.
- player cubes are on the board and resource cubes in front of you

my suggestion:
use just 4 colors of cubes and just differentiate between "resources" and "player cubes" by the location.
=> less colours = easyer to get different colours
=> less chance of "running out" of cubes for one or the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Checked the spare Khronos cubes. I stuck with the original as while a bit grotty the blue and green replacements were too close in colour. The spares are too similar to the existing colours in Delluvia to be of any use. There was a similar problem with the white and neutral disks in Steam. I ended up going through and putting a dot on all the neutral disks.

My solution for Delluvia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hair
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Agree completely - The cubes are a major let down. I have loads of cubes of various colours that I can replace them with.... but they are all in storage.

For 60 Euro I expect better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David thats ”A” solution but in my opinion it ruins the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fuerst-Brunner
Germany
Neuching
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zark wrote:
Checked the spare Khronos cubes. I stuck with the original as while a bit grotty the blue and green replacements were too close in colour. The spares are too similar to the existing colours in Delluvia to be of any use. There was a similar problem with the white and neutral disks in Steam. I ended up going through and putting a dot on all the neutral disks.

My solution for Delluvia

This ... is ... ugly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered replacement cubes. The originals will get chucked once they arrive. I had difficulty sorting the red and purple cubes when they were side buy side. I wouldn't play with them without modification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my solution, / on reds and repainting the not yellow yellow cubes.
http://i61.tinypic.com/331hoix.jpg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fuerst-Brunner
Germany
Neuching
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zebani200 wrote:
Here is my solution, / on reds and repainting the not yellow yellow cubes.
http://i61.tinypic.com/331hoix.jpg

This ... is ... ugly ... also!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahahah yeah I know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is all terrible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I can understand, why this pisses you people off. But why don't you just keep the personal stock of player red separated from the resources? The only place there is a real problem ist the personal stock of markers and resources from player red. Resources only go from the general supply to the personal stock and back. The personal markers only go to the board.

Don't get me wrong. It's still shitty. But it's not like you cannot play, right? Why all the fuzz about marking your cubes?

Or maybe I am just used to play prototypes with bad iconography and choice in colors so I don't see the big problem here... Could also be it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it's even easyer to workaround: since both player markers and resource cubes are unlimited in theory and only the location matters, it just doesn't really matter.
When you place a player cube, it's on the board so it's not a resource.
When you take a resource, it's in front of you.

This can be extended to all 4 players so you could just use 4 colors of cubes, ie: the player colors.

but still ... for a 60€ game this is ... a little painful. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@bayerbube, my problem was I was the red player and I had my cubes and resources in front of me. My red player cubes were getting mixed with red resource cubes in front of me. At one point I thought I had 3 pink resources when 2 of them were my cubes, they just got mixed there

So I wanna be able to concentrate on my game not which cubes are what...

Also I wanna say again that its 60€ premium with spielworxx brand. I just expect more..

All of that said I still love the game. I just hope the publisher takes an action to show that they care...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zebani200 wrote:
Ohhh also there is the lack of player cubes. We all ran out of cubes during round 6...

I'm seriously thinking about ordering new cubes for this game. How many player cubes would be enough? Would I need more than 30 resource cubes as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we were good on the resource cubes It's really hard to horde them. But I only played the game once so there's that. For player cubes I think 25 should be more than enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
zebani200 wrote:
@bayerbube, my problem was I was the red player and I had my cubes and resources in front of me. My red player cubes were getting mixed with red resource cubes in front of me. At one point I thought I had 3 pink resources when 2 of them were my cubes, they just got mixed there

So I wanna be able to concentrate on my game not which cubes are what...

Also I wanna say again that its 60€ premium with spielworxx brand. I just expect more..

All of that said I still love the game. I just hope the publisher takes an action to show that they care...

Totally reasonable! My point was just, that it will work if you watch out for these things. I am used to it. But I can totally see your point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zebani200 wrote:

anybody else with this issue?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Braz wrote:
zebani200 wrote:

anybody else with this issue?!

yes, check my previous post for a creative solution
We had the same problem where 2 players ran out of player cubes soon enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also having a tough time with the colors. The player aid for building construction is terrible. It shows a brown color that is supposed to be black. A yellow color when the game supplies neutral colored cubes. The actual rules state that this is brown; which is totally confusing since brown is black on the player aid. I am purchasing cubes from a retailer to fix this.

So sad... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find cubes that were a good match for the player Aid, so I will probably photoshop the player aid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice that no one from spielworxx replied... So much care for the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zebani200 wrote:
nice that no one from spielworxx replied... So much care for the players.

I have painted the cubes by myself.
Not a big deal at all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.