Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike M
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first attempt at this was probably with PNP a year ago, with 6 players. We didn't really know what to do once we got into the rooms, and almost nothing happened each round.

Tonight was my first time playing with the kickstarter copy - it had been waiting patiently on the shelf for the right crowd.

We played 3 games with 8-9 players. Started Prez/Bomb, 3 red, 3 blue, and one gambler. Card shares only (not color), 3 rounds. This was a good intro game - I think I won as Blue Team - I knew the president was in my room (card shared), and we were pretty sure that the bomber wasn't in our room, so we had to take the 1/4 chance that the bomb wasn't sent our way, and just sent out a random non-president person. We won! And the gambler guessed right.

Don't remember the second game - long night.

By game 3 we were down to 8 players, and each team was Prez/Bomb, Shy Guy, Clown, and regular Blue/Red team. I was Blue Team again, and the president bluffed clown by smiling like an idiot for no reason the entire first round. Was hilarious. Think the bomber made it to the president's room in the very last hostage swap; we all had a good laugh.

I'm not sure why this game went so much better than the first attempt. The difference between 6 and 8 players is probably a big part of it. Or maybe it was a different crowd.

Anyway, if y'all have any suggestions for fun, not-too-complex setups for 8-10 players, fire away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bohm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The minimum I will play this game with now is 10, but I much prefer playing 15 to 20. That's not to say you can't have fun....I'm just saying I don't enjoy it at low player counts. Nevertheless, I highly recommend organizing a party in which you can get around 15 people.

Having said that, there are some interesting game play options when playing with a small crowd, but all of them involve lots of grey/green characters.

Try something along these lines:

President/Bomber
Doctor/Engineer
Tuesday Knight/Dr. Boom
Nuclear Tyrant (Play that if someone has been NT once, they cannot take it again, that prevents infinite swapping with Hot Potato)
MI6
Hot Potato
Leprechaun

Also fun at a lower play count in my opinion:

President/Bomber
Doctor/Engineer
Hot Potato
Ahab
Moby
Wife
Mistress
Leprechaun

This set up may not work for you and your group, but our group loves it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.