Subject: King's reward tiles and bonus tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Salmanazar
France
Alsace
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played once at Spiel. I liked my game but I ask myself about the bonus tiles and king's reward tiles that I find too powerful. They give too many points compared to the business permit tiles, the token on board or the nobility track.

And you, what do you think about ?

Salmanazar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Teixeira
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salmanazar wrote:

And you, what do you think about ?

Considering that there is no second place for any of the tiles and no way of changing turn order, I completely agree. I've played 2 games so far (4 players each) and can't see this working as anything but a 2 player game. I'm hoping we played something wrong (because there are holes in the rules where assumptions are made), but I doubt it. Even then, it would still be very swingy. In both games there was more than a 50 point swing between first and last, and it was not due to skill (I rocketed ahead in the first game and came in last in the second). Unless I was grossly mistaken with the rules, which I doubt, I won't be playing this one again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Luciani
Italy
Fermo
AP
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
We tested the game many times and we increase the King's reward point several time, during the development. Also we remove the second place tiles, that were present at the beginning. And both for one reason: the tiles points weren't enough compared to the "chain" points. You have 2 way to build: create a big chain or "jump" to get a bonus tile early. The chain gives you a lot of resources (and also points) that give you a great "fuel" to build a lot of emporium, close some areas (usually one region or the gold cities). It's possible to see big distance from fist to last player, expecially in the first game, but it's not simple to choose how to play each game, because the random setup that change a lot the board.
After over that 50 playtest with different gaming groups we think that the game is balanced and each game you have to find the best way to the victory (according to the setup and to the other player's move).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salmanazar
France
Alsace
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for yours answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.