Subject: Lightning card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Skellett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
A wolf and a penguin could never live together, nor could a camel and a hippopotamus. That would be absurd.
badge
And the older you get, the fewer things you really love. And by the time you get to my age, maybe it's only one or two things. With me, I think it's one.
mbmbmbmbmb
When the Lightning card prevents a clash does the player keep it or return it to the centre?

If a player still possesses the Lightning card at the end of the round do they keep it for next round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook doesn't mention anything about each of the questions.
But comparing with Entropy, I think that after a clash the player returns the Lightning to the center and he keeps it if he has it at the end of the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I came to ask these exact same questions. Although it is returned in Entropy, the absence in the rules suggests to me that the only way that the Lightning card changes hands is if someone resolves the Charge-Up action (i.e., the player keeps it at the end of a round and when it prevents a clash). That's certainly the "rules as written" version. It would be nice to have an official interpretation though.

EDIT: I just went to the KS site, and Allen said that the Lightning card should be returned when it prevents a clash, just like in Entropy. It was a rule omission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Chang
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, sorry about the omission. I was rather annoyed that we missed this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So,

1. I take the "Lightning card" if I play Ninjutsu #4, either from the centre of the table or from the player currently having it in front of him.
2. I put the "Lightning card" back to the centre of the table if I use it to resolve a clash.
3. I keep the "Lightning card" if I have it in my possession at the end of a round.

Is all this correct?

4. I MUST use the "Lightning card" to resolve a clash, or is it optional?

PLB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pierre Le Bear wrote:
So,

1. I take the "Lightning card" if I play Ninjutsu #4, either from the centre of the table or from the player currently having it in front of him.
2. I put the "Lightning card" back to the centre of the table if I use it to resolve a clash.
3. I keep the "Lightning card" if I have it in my possession at the end of a round.

Is all this correct?

4. I MUST use the "Lightning card" to resolve a clash, or is it optional?

PLB.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Not sure, but I think you don't (lets wait for Allen to say something)
4. You MUST use it I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.