Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got in a couple of sessions this weekend, and I grabbed some minis from Dungeon Command: Curse of Undeath to fill in for the standees.

Say hello to Arthur...

as well as Guinevere and Lady of the Lake.

As you can probably tell, I was playing the 9th Legion, which I barely won. My next session didn't go so well. I made the mistake of allowing the enemies to build up, to the point where it became almost impossible to complete a quest card. A lesson for next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This just made my week!

So cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great pics, Paul. I think I'm holding you responsible for convincing me to back this at the deluxe version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say I think the Queen and Lady are looking a bit rough and Arhur seems to have misplaced his sword. He must have discarded it to retreat from combat, the wimp, he's already dead so what does another wound matter!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this universe, it was The Axe in the Stone.

I also thought about using the little minis from Lord of the Rings Risk for the Dragons, Saxons, Witches, etc, but there weren't enough types to do so. The tokens work well, but every once in a while I would suddenly notice a Witch or Traitor I had forgotten to move for several Key Turns.

Also, I am VERY happy that they will be adding the stats (hopefully that will be the symbols, such as crown or laurel) to the back of the tokens, as I could never internalize what they were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Although not in the rulebook in the files section yet, or the one linked via the forum chain, but the latest version of the rulebook shows the enemy tokens having their challenge rating and required attribute symbols shown on them. As you say that is a good move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Murch
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mb
@Paul Aceto: Awesome! I was introduced to D&D through the miniatures game! When we were developing the rough prototypes for Albion's Legacy, we used an old set of Ral Partha miniatures as stand-ins.

@Pete Thane: We're very happy with the new Enemy Token design! It's way more efficient. The 2nd Edition rulebook is uploaded and is awaiting moderator approval.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.