Subject: English Translation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Kouris
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for an English (or French) translation of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Google Translate got me started. I've not got the German and English rule books in front of me for a word for word translation but you should get a good idea.

The trip to Tours - a solo scenario for orleans, difficulty level I
Levels: 1 = easy, beginners;
II = medium, advanced;
III = heavy, killer strategists

EXTRA Spielmaterial
In addition to this scenario Tableau the basic game Orleans is needed

preparation
The big Schedule (places and landscape) is spread.

The Games receipt: 1 cloth bag, 1 player tableau and the game material in a player color of his choice. The followers in player color (Bauer, boatmen, artisans and Handler) come onto the market. The cube on the respective first field of the strips. the handler figure is placed on the game board to Nevers. In addition, receipt of the players from the beginning to the Map "Stagecoach", it is printed on the scenarios tableau. The game has beginning 3 coins. The Warehouses are not needed.

Only Warenplattchen needed and how a normal game for four prepared (mix covered, spread to all fields of the plan, discover, remaining platelets lie on the commodity market).

The scenarios-tableau is placed next to the player panel. This panel displays the events of the 14 laps, also the task and 2 beneficent works. On the circular field [1], a marker is placed as a round-payers. (As markers the marker of another player's color can be used from the base game.)

Burgerplattchen 7 are placed on the marked fields.
5 of them on the last of the game board and 2 aud the beneficial works of scenarios tableaus
1 Another Burgerplattchen is paid to the City of Orleans.

of the location cards of the categories 1 and 2 are the sacristy and bathhouse sorted. The remaining location cards are available.

There are 8 Bauernplattchen neutral (unmarked player color) and each 5 Neutrals platelets every other profession aud fen respective buildings on the ready laid Schedule. There are also 4 technikplattchen on the Craftsman power strip at your disposal.

Money is laid ready.
----------

Will try and do second half when I have time, someone else might beat me to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomsen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

Good effort, Tom I know a little German and tried to fix the first half up a bit and then made the second half.

The full rules are then here below.

The Trip to Tours - a solo Scenario for Orleans, difficulty level I

Levels:
I = easy, beginners
II = medium, advanced

Other game components
In addition to this Scenario rules-sheet the basic game of Orleans is needed

Setup
The big Game Board (cities and landscape) is spread out.

Each player receives: 1 cloth bag, 1 player board and the game pieces in a player color of his choice. The followers in player color (Farmer, Boatman, Craftsman and Trader) come onto the market, the cubes on the respective first fields of the tracks, the Merchant Token is placed on the game board in Nevers. In addition, the player receives from start the Place Tile "Stagecoach", it is printed on the scenario rules-sheet. The player starts with 3 coins. The Trading Stations are not used.

All Goods are used and are placed as in a normal game for 4 players (shuffle face down, spread to all spaces of the board, turn face up, put the remaining tiles on the Goods market).

The Scenario rules-sheet is placed next to the Player Board. This sheet displays the events of the 14 rounds, also the Task and 2 Beneficial Deeds. On the Round fields [1], a marker is placed as a Round-counter. (As marker a token of another player's color from the base game can be used).

7 Citizen Tiles are placed on the marked spaces, 5 of them on the Game Board and 2 on the Beneficial Deeds of the Scenario rules-sheet. 1 other Citizen Tile is placed on the City of Orleans.

The Sacristy and the Bathhouse from the Place Tiles of stack I and II are removed. The remaining Place Tiles are available.

8 neutral (with no player color) Farmer Tiles and 5 neutral Character Tiles of each other profession are placed on the appropriate buildings of the Game Board. There are also 4 Technology Tiles on the Craftsman supply space available.

The money is laid ready.

Course of Play
The game is basically as described in the game rules of the basic game. The following changes should be noted:

The Merchant Token starts in Nevers (not in Orleans).
If the player moves the Merchant Token a way across 2 Goods Tiles, he may take them both.
The Census (Phase 2) is skipped.
If the player moves the Merchant Token to Orleans, he may take the Citizens Tile lying there.
The Events are displayed directly on the Round Counter on the Scenario rules-sheet, which is moved one step further at the end of each round.

Events
[1] Strike: In this round no Craftsman can be recruited.
[2] Crusade: In this round no Knight can be recruited.
[3] Harvesting: See game rules of the basic game.
[4] Drought: 4 Grain Tiles are removed from the map and placed back into the supply. You decide which Grain Tiles are removed.
[5] Highwaymen: In this round, you can not move over Roads with your Merchant Token, Waterways can be used.
[6] Amnesty: In this round recruited Character Tiles may be used immediately, to thereby activate Actions.
[7] Plague: See game rules of the basic game.
[8] Harvest: See game rules of the basic game. You must pay 2 food items (per missing food pay 5 coins as punishment).
[9] Technology Control: Pay 2 coins per Technology Tile, that you have placed on your Player Board.
[10] Revenue: You receive 2 coins per your Development Status.
[11] Pirates: All Brocade and Wool Goods are removed from all the rivers on the map and placed back into the supply.
[12] Riots: Return 1 Knight (from the Player Board or from your Bag) or 5 coins to the supply.
[13] Axle Fracture: Travel by Stagecoach is not possible in this round.
[14] Harvest: See game rules of the basic game. You must pay 3 food items (per missing food pay 5 coins as punishment).

Task
Travel with 3 Citizens to Tours and deliver there 3 of each type of Goods Tiles. The Merchant Token must be located in Tours while the Goods are delivered. All Goods must be delivered at the same time. You must also collect 3 Citizen Tiles before you can deliver the Goods.

Beneficial Deeds
The Scenario rules-sheet displays 2 Beneficial Deeds, to which Character Tiles may be moved to through the Town Hall:
 * Sewer: Reward per Character is 1 coin or 1 Development Point. On completion 1 Citizen Tile.
 * Knights Consecration: Reward per Character is 1 coin. On completion 1 Citizen Tile.

Stagecoach Place Tile
Pay 3 coins and move your Merchant Token along a Waterway or a Road. You may collect a Goods Tile on the way.

End of the game
Once the Task has been fulfilled, the game is won! If the Task is not fulfilled after the 14th round, the game is unfortunately lost, and a new attempt can be tried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool - thank you for the translation!

I do have a question though. In your translation you mention three levels:

I = easy, beginners
II = medium, advanced

I have not seen any other mention of different difficulty levels. Is there a difference in scoring or set up for these three levels?

Thanks again - I look forward to giving this a go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomsen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks

Those levels might be something used also for the scenarios included in the Invasion expansion. I don't know anything more than is in the rules unfortunately. The Trip to Tours scenario is a win or lose type, no scoring and only one setup described, but fun none the less

Cheers
Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The levels are a gauge for teh difficulty of each of the scenarios. So, this one is a I, others are marked as I-II or II-III.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomsen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rules are uploaded to the Files section here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/123981/orleans-trip-tours...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Dien
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the event tiles about this solo scenario : translation says that event tiles are displayed directly on the round counter on the scenario rule-sheet : does it mean that the event itself (like harvest & others) is also APPLIED at the beginning of the round whereas it is done rather in step 6 like in base game ?

I did it like step 6 in base game but I now wonder the utility of the last event requiring a big harvest : either you can get everything during the last tour before applying the event or you lost and so the penality is anyway useless, unless you apply penality even in case you got everything and returned to Tours before in the tour before step 6...

Thanks in advance for clarification.

I translated the additional board of this scenario in French, if someone is interested in getting it

Zuton

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
murzim murzim
Belgium
Roosbeek
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See my reply on Event application in step 6 or 1 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Gottlieb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone! I've taken Decar's translation and Mark_T's extension of Orléans: The Trip to Tours and edited it for clarity and consistency with the Orléans: Invasion and Orléans: Trade & Intrigue rulebooks.
Note: Items in italics are not present on the original The Trip to Tours rules sheet but were added by me in order to be consistent with the aforementioned rulebooks.

The Trip to Tours - a solo scenario for Orléans, difficulty level I

Levels:
I = easy, for beginners
II = medium, for advanced players
III = heavy, for killer strategists

Additional game components
In addition to this rules-sheet and Scenario Board, you will need the Orléans base game.

Setup
Lay out the large game board from the base game.

Take a Followers Bag, Player Board, game pieces of a color of your choice, and 3 coins. Place the Followers of your color (Farmer, Boatman, Craftsman, Trader) on your Market and your Markers on the first spaces of each of the tracks on the game board, as in a normal game. Place your Merchant in Nevers. The Trading Stations are not used.

Set up the Goods Tiles for a 4-player game according to the base game rules (shuffle them face down, place one on each map space, turn them face up, place the rest in the Goods Market).

Place the Scenario Board next to the game board. It features 14 Events for the 14 rounds you are about to play, as well as your Task and 2 Beneficial Deeds. It also features the "Stage Coach" Place Tile, which you receive and can use from the start. Place a Marker as a Round Counter on Event [1] of the Scenario Board (you can use any spare token as a Marker). The Hour Glass Tiles and the Beneficial Deeds board from the base game are not used.

Place 5 Citizen Tiles on their appropriate spaces of the tracks on the game board, as in the base game. Also place 2 Citizen Tiles on the Beneficial Deeds of the Scenario Board and 1 Citizen Tile on the city of Orléans. The remaining Citizen Tiles from the base game are not used.

Remove the "Sacristy" and "Bathhouse" from the Place Tiles of stack I from the game. The remaining Place Tiles of stacks I and II are available.

Place 8 neutral Farmer Tiles and 5 neutral Character Tiles of each other profession on their approiate supply spaces on the game board. Also place 4 Technology Tiles on their space next to the Craftsmen Track.

Keep the coins ready at hand.

Task
You must move your Merchant to Tours. Once you are there, you must pay 3 of each type of Goods Tile while you have 3 Citizen Tiles. You must deliver all required Goods Tiles at the same time.

Course of Play
The game is played mostly as in the base game. The following changes are made:
* There is no Census (phase 2).
* If you move your Merchant across a path containing 2 Goods Tiles, you may take both tiles.
* If you move your Merchant to Orléans, you may take the Citizen Tile that is there.
* The Events are predetermined. The Round Counter on the Scenario Board indicates which round is being played and which Event is going to happen. Move the Round Counter one step forward at the end of each round.

Events
Some Events have a "timer" icon at the top, meaning these Events take effect during Phase 5 (Actions). Events without the "timer" icon are resolved during Phase 6 (Events), as in the base game.
[1] Strike: This round you cannot gain Craftsmen.
[2] Crusade: This round you cannot gain Knights.
[3] Harvest: See the base game rules.
[4] Drought: Remove 4 Grain Tiles from the map and return them to the general supply. You decide which tiles to remove.
[5] Highwaymen: You cannot use Roads this round (you can still use Waterways).
[6] Amnesty: You may place every new Follower you get this round on an action space right away. If you activate an action by this, you may use it this round.
[7] Plague: See the base game rules.
[8] Harvest: See the base game rules. Pay 2 food items; per missing food, pay 5 coins as punishment.
[9] Technology Tax: Pay 2 coins for each Technology Tile you have on your action spaces.
[10] Income: You receive a number of coins equal to twice your Development Status.
[11] Pirates: Remove all Brocade and Wool Tiles from all Waterways on the map and return them to the general supply.
[12] Riots: Either return a Knight (from your Market or your bag) to the supply, or pay 5 coins.
[13] Axle Fracture: This round you cannot use the Stage Coach.
[14] Harvest: See the base game rules. Pay 3 food items; per missing food, pay 5 coins as punishment.

End of the game
You win the game at the end of the round when you fulfill your Task! If you fail to do so by the end of round 14, you lose and have to try again.

Beneficial Deeds
The Scenario Board features 2 Beneficial Deeds, to which Character Tiles may be moved through the Town Hall:
* Canalization: 1 coin or 1 Development Point for each placed Character Tile. 1 Citizen Tile on completion.
* Knights' Consecration: 1 coin for each placed Character Tile. 1 Citizen Tile on completion.

"Stage Coach" Place Tile
Pay 3 coins and move your Merchant to an adjacent town via a Road or Waterway, collecting Goods Tile(s) along the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Walter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.