Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow this was a booma, something of an epic, and another close game. Each game of Samarai seems to offer somethign new. A shocking betrayal, a cunning escape and all manner of hyjinks. This was no exception

The game was a very close one in the final count but it evolved there in quite an interesting way. I started stroing early with a keen piece of diplomcay. With two spaces left round Tokyo and Jacob And I having committeed two pieces each I steered him away from placing another one. Why, because I had my ronin to play and I started well with a three piece hall.

Alas something went very wrong after that. In fat I ended the game with eight pieces three of which I got on the first and two on the last, so what happeneed in between that I got nothing?

Jacob started downt he top end of the board and was very sucessful at taking all the peices from that space. He did a good job of stealing a key piece of me aswell and another good job in the middle of the board.

Matt on the other hand went after the southern island but lost a piece to me through some nasty pilaging. That meant the centre of the board became critical. In actual fact the game was decided very near the end. First Jacob played the ronin and the swap piece and the relocate and took two pieces from matt. This opened up the end of the island to matt, who in similar vein played the same three pieces to take two from me. Considering the strength I had in the the last unplayed region that was the differece. Two pieces to me would have sealed the game, but naturally the boys saved thier trump cards till last and cained me with good effect.

So Jacob was the winner on the day with some keen dealing in the last go. Matt was honourably a piece short in comeback and perhaps had I swapped out agianst Jacob instead it would have been the other way round. Still a close game that was decided at the line.

Well played

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.