JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
We're hard at work on Episode 3 and it's coming along nicely. If you're interested in helping us make sure it's the best it can then you can come out and play test it with us at the following events. And as an added bonus, you'll get your name in the rule book as a play tester!

October 23-25, 2015: Protospiel Madison - http://www.protospiel-madison.org

I will be playing Episode 3 as part of this game design convention, looking for feedback from anybody willing to play. Just seek me out.

November 6-8, 2015: Game Hole Con - http://www.gameholecon.com

There is one Episode 3 event on the schedule, which has already been filled up. However, I will play with you if you seek me out. I'll likely be upstairs in the Crafter Con room.

January 29-31, 2016: Protospiel MN - http://protospiel-mn.org

I will be playing Episode 3 as part of this game design convention, looking for feedback from anybody willing to play. Just seek me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
1. When do you project this Episode 3 will be released?
2. Will you do a Gamecrafter Crowd sale, as you did with Adrift?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
1) The official answer is "when it's done". Unofficially, I hope that it will be done in the first half of 2016. The more people that come out to play test it with me at cons, the faster it will get done.

2) I don't know for sure, but I'm leaning toward a Kickstarter. It would be way easier for me to do it as a crowd sale, but I know there are some people who would rather use Kickstarter because it's familiar rather than get a discount. Do you have a preference?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Kickstart would be my preference
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Ok, you have confirmed what I was thinking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Kickstarter too.

Shipping is always a factor for those of us overseas and the ability to do group-buys with combined shipping helps, if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
rizendefrag wrote:
2) I don't know for sure, but I'm leaning toward a Kickstarter. It would be way easier for me to do it as a crowd sale, but I know there are some people who would rather use Kickstarter because it's familiar rather than get a discount. Do you have a preference?

I'm a little surprised at the preference towards Kickstarter and am genuinely curious why that preference?

I've been holding off on this game for some time specifically because I missed the crowd sale and the fantastic $46 price for both Episodes 1 and 2. As it is, it's cheaper for me to import from BoardGameBliss (when in stock) than to order at $70.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
If you're going to do kickstarter on the expansion, I will assume you will offer the base game also as part of the Kickstarter? Should that be the case, why not send Rahdo a game for him to do a play through? He expressed interest in the game a year ago:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/168534/item/3272811#i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Episode 1 and 2 will be available as part of the Kickstarter.

As for Rahdo, he's never asked for a copy, and I didn't know he wanted one. I'll reach out to him now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.