Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Hangtown» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about the die spot, building, and Boom/Bust/Common yields. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Found a copy in placerville, and played it last night. Three questions arose:

The die action space is resolved during final shootouts, right? It's not explicitly mentioned, but we treated it like every other action space.

Once dudes are on an action space, because they no longer count as resources, they can't be used to build, right?

The Highgrade player aid says that in 3p there's an automatic bust at 2 pioneers, but under highgrade changes for two to three players on page 14, it says that 2 is common, three is bust (due to having an NPP). Which is correct (We played the rulebook took precidence)?

Thoroughly surprised by how great this game is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Taylor
United States
Camino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the die action space, are you referring to the Court House / Odd Fellows Hall / 49er Corner Saloon? Those are only resolved at the end of phase 5, during the shootouts.
The cards with the 5 action space (Hangman's Tree) can be used any turn, if you place your pioneer in the shootout site.

You can only use dudes in your personal supply to build. If they are on an action space they are considered working somewhere else.
Round up dudes from the general supply to your personal supply. From your personal supply, assign them a job (build or action space). Once they're done, they usually go back into the general supply.

I'm not 100% certain for your last question, but I believe the rulebook is correct here. The NPP makes it the same as a 4 player game, you'll just always know were the 4th player is going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Cantin
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In Highgrade the rules for 3p are: (The typo is on the cheat sheet)

1-3 player Pioneers with the Outlaw = Bust

3-4 Pioneers in the same yield site (players/NPP)= Bust

2 Pioneers (players/NPP) = Common

1 Player Pioneer = Boom

In Highgrade, the rules for 2p are:

Any 1 or 2 player Pioneers with the Outlaw = Bust

Any 2 player Pioneers in the same yield site = Bust

Any 1 player Pioneer with the Non-Player Pioneer (NPP) = Common

Any 1 player Pioneer alone = Boom

The Dice icon actions are During Final Shootout as the card reads. And "Final" is the key word here, meaning it's when rolling defense against the outlaw. So after rolling, you may use the ability to your benefit.

And yes, once Dudes are placed on cards they cannot be used as resources (to build, etc.). This includes Dudes on the Church general town card--so be sure to load it up alter in the game as to keep your resource flow as flexible as possible!

I'm really glad you enjoyed it! And thank you for posting the questions. I'll be sure to chime in and clarify anything that gets asked.

Cheers!
Jonny

And thanks Ben for your answers too. You're right on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
JonnyPac wrote:
In Highgrade, the rules for 3p are:

Any 1 or 2 player Pioneers with the Outlaw = Bust

Any 2 player Pioneers in the same yield site = Bust

Any 1 player Pioneer with the Non-Player Pioneer (NPP) = Common

Any 1 player Pioneer alone = Boom

Wowsers that's even tougher than I assumed!

Phew! That makes more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cabel dawson
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, do the starting 3 buildings count as part of the tableau for end of game and the bell tower?

How do you get negative points from the cemetary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Taylor
United States
Camino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the starting buildings are counted for the 12 card end of game condition, and the price reduction of the bell tower.

If you have your own dudes in the cemetery, they count against you at the end. Since you get to pick where everyone's buried, it's best to put your own dudes on the lower point spaces. You get your dudes there if you lose a final shootout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.