Subject: Flooded and combat effect rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
The main SCS rules state that "usually only the terrain of the defender's hex.....affect combat". However on the TEC for 'Day of Days' there is a note against the 'A x 1/2' effect which says "Attackers in Flooded terrain have 1/2 attack strength". So I am assuming this is an exception to the series rules - i.e. the terrain in the Attackers hex has the affect or is this supposed to be the terrain being attacked into (i.e. the defender's hex terrain)?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing the Ax1/2 as the first modifier and then any additional modifier for the terrain in the target hex.

Sorry to hijack your thread but the two related queries I have about flooded hexes are:

1) what is the overall modifier for attacking from a flooded hex into a flooded hex?

2) if attacking across a bridge from a flooded hex are the modifiers Ax1/2 and Ax1/2 again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Forester
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep this is an exception to standard SCS rules.

Attacking into flooded doesn't change the attack strength.

Attacking across a bridge/river is another x1/2. Make sure you DG the target hex first ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.