Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you claim a duplicate copy of a technology card you already own? You might want to so as to block other players from accessing some of the board, or to double up the effect of technologies that score you extra points. But is it allowed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ryan
United States
Gray
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see anything in the rules about doubling up on technologies to double your points, so my guess is that it's not allowed.

And as for taking duplicate technology cards just to block your opponent(s) from being able to access certain parts of the map.. that just seems plain low.

Claiming a route someone else needs is one thing, but denying them half of the map? That would be a next-level jerk move. Haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan R. Moon
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
You cannot have two of the same Technology Card.

Alan R. Moon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHARALAMPOS PAPADAKIS
Greece
HERAKLION CRETE
Non-US/Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Mr Alan R. Moon i am a gamer of ticket to ride from Greece. I have a question about the technology card "Diesel Power". If I have the card in my position and i want to claim a 3 trains route (Stranraer & Edinburg), instead of giving 3 white train cards i will give 2 (one less card) to claim the route by using the card "DIESEL POWER". In case i do not have white cards in my hard and I have other colors 9 cards not Locomotive cards, could i give 8 different color cards for 2 Locomotive Cards and with those temporary 2 Locomotive cards to claim a route for 3 trains cards...?!

The player who pays 3 Locomotive cards to buy the "Diesel Power", he will keep it until the end of the game. The cards that you pay with Locomotives cards and then you return them are as follow: 1) Right of Way 2)Thermocompressor

Could you Mr Alan Moom will give us some official FAQ about how to use the Technology card 'Diesel Power'?! Thanks for answering the gamers questions. you make us love more the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.