Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Schaefer
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
From what I understand of various abilities/mechanics that affect the Story Track:
- a card is drawn in the Game Round Setup Phase and bumps one off, so the Story Track remains full
- a card is drawn in a Story Action when one is bumped off, so the Story Track remains full
- When Hulk Rampages, the two discarded Story Cards are replaced
- When Jean Grey Cerebros, the earned/shuffled Story Cards are replaced
- When Spidey nabs a Story Card, the card is replaced

I don't think I'm missing anything, but one way or the other, is there any scenario whereby there is an empty slot on the Story Track, or is the track ALWAYS moved forward to fill empty slots and cards ALWAYS drawn to fill it back up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only time there should be empty slots on the Story Track is when the Story Card deck is exhausted - it does not reshuffle and refresh. This actually happened in a four player game I was in recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
bill_andel wrote:
Story Card deck ... does not reshuffle and refresh.

I'm not quite sure the rules support that interpretation. On Page 13 of the rules, under "Reshuffling Decks", it says that "Whenever a deck of cards is exhausted, you must re-shuffle all the cards in the discard pile to form again a drawing deck."

I believe the wordings of the rule are pretty unambiguous, applying 'Whenever a deck of cards is exhausted'.

In addition, if the story deck is not reshuffled, the Hulk's Support (Action) becomes too powerful, IMHO, allowing him to flush 2 story cards from the game every round. Considering that each team only has 6 cards, the loss can be quite significant, because if the Hulk flushed 2 of a particular team's cards over the first 2 turns, that team will be unable to get powerups from Story cards for the whole game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Except that discarded story cards are permanently removed from the game, so there will not be any cards left to reshuffle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Schaefer
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
... and except that rulings have come down recently that have directly contradicted interpretations some of us considered unambiguous.

Anyway, thanks Bill for your answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.