Hide
5 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » General

Subject: games simmilar to this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Popov Victor
msg tools
hello! doe sanyone know any other games that also have "base breaking" and scoring points? i know pandemic contagion has it and i love that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Command?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here are a few games that have a similar concept, some more than others. Warmachine: High Command, Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game, Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game, Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend Dark Minions.

The game has a very similar premise: Players take turns rolling dice and using the results to assign minions to a set of cities, with all player's minions contributing towards the destruction of the city. Once a city's limit has been met, the city gives points based on the amount of power each player has on the scoring city before discarding minions to a graveyard. There are also mechanisms for recovering minions, acquiring special powers and upgrading one's dice pool all using six-sided dice.

People who have played Smash Up will find this game really easy to learn and understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
King's Gate.

There are 10 locations in the city, shown by double-size tiles:

At the start, location 1 is on the table, and players take turns placing 1 or more of their own square tiles around it. It "breaks" when completely surrounded, at which point the players with the highest 3 point totals around it get the indicated points. The winner places the next location adjacent to the existing tiles, and it proceeds from there. There are different effects of different locations, and different player tiles.

When I first saw Smash Up I immediately thought of King's Gate, since they both have the points for 3 players shown on the tiles. It's a cool game, with typical Knizian hard choices and tradeoffs.

The unfortunate thing is the art: each individual tile looks cool, but when put all together it's too busy and an eye strain:

But I liked the game so much I made masks to print on full-size label sheets, cut out and place on tiles, covering the rooftops which border each tile. (The label template is in the King's Gate file section.) This makes it look much better:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.