Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: The 7th Continent rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings Canberra Gamers and KS addicts alike,

I've been watching the Kickstarter campaign for The 7th Continent over the last few weeks. A mate was looking to back but has needed to pass, so I'm wondering if there were other locals that have already backed, or were looking to.

Game looks really interesting, and there about 10 days remaining on the campaign.

The cost of backing this game is prohibitive, so makes sense if others have focused on other things. I'm keen to either join existing pledge and share the shipping, or start a pledge on behalf of some keen individuals.

Hopefully this thread can generate or focus some chatter about this game.

Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just invited Geoff (squire) to jump on my pledge and was about to throw out an invitation, but I see I have been ninja'd

If you want to jump on my pledge Cameron, you are welcome, as is anyone else (up to a maximum of 7 in total).

For those considering it, the starting pledge is 59 euro, but that does not include shipping, which will be determined after the campaign. The benefit of a group pledge is simply that each additional copy incurs only half the undetermined amount of additional shipping.

1) nutjunkie (Explorer + sleeves)
2) squire (Explorer, + sleeves)
3) DrClaw (Explorer + sleeves)
4) Etims (Explorer, no add-ons)
5)
6)
7)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Orders.

This is closing off in 48 hours. If any one else is interested, or if any of the current backers want any add-ons, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nutjunkie wrote:
Last Orders.

This is closing off in 48 hours. If any one else is interested, or if any of the current backers want any add-ons, let me know.

Please add the sleeves for me too.

Are you happy to add things in the pledge manager later on? I'm considering the storms add-on, but probably won't get it up front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
squire wrote:
Please add the sleeves for me too.

Done.

squire wrote:
Are you happy to add things in the pledge manager later on? I'm considering the storms add-on, but probably won't get it up front.

Happy to do so as long as I can. I thought I read somewhere about not being able to do so, but I think I might be getting confused with another Kickstarter. Turns out I am backing more than one KS at once, crazy eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys,

You may have noticed the latest update. Aus shipping range upper limit has reduced by 10Euros! WIN! Every little bit helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the initial damage report came in, and after the bank had finished its digit fiddling we are in for 579.89+17.40 = $597.29. As you will be aware, this is sans postage, but I am guessing we won't find out about this until they have a prototype that they can measure up.

1) Andrew (nutjunkie): $152.10 - PAID
2) Geoff (squire): $152.10 - PAID
3) Cameron (DrClaw): $152.10 - PAID
4) David (Etims): $141.00 - PAID

I will keep you posted on postage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Franklin
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you happy to wait until we have final (inc. Postage) amount? Thank you again for the group pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the latest update seems to suggest that they won't be finalising P&P until they have the pledge manager up and running, and that won't be until January.

So, unless it is going to cause huge inconvenience, this one might need to be done in two payments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
squire wrote:

So this looks like it will be possible, but the pledge manager is not going out until early next year, so you have plenty of time to save up (or spend your money on other games devil)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the survey has been sent out and the postage total is showing as 49 euro for the 4 copies. I anyone wants to make some last minute changes to their order, let me know as I will lock it down this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrew. Please add a weather expansion for me too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the dust has settled, the additional costs came in at 66.50 euro which is broken down as follows:

Explorer postage: 47.50 (= 19.00*2.5)
Weather expansion: 17.00
Weather postage: 2.00

The Explorer postage will be split 4 ways, so 11.88 euro each. I was billed $106.99 which gives an effective exchange rate of 0.6216. This leads to the following additional costs in AUD:

1) Andrew (nutjunkie): $19.10 - PAID
2) Geoff (squire): $49.67 - PAID
3) Cameron (DrClaw): $19.10 - PAID
4) David (Etims): $19.10 - PAID
-------
Total: $106.97

Somewhere I must have given my $0.02 worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Franklin
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, just saw this, will transferblush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An update was sent today. This might be readable by all on the KS page, but if not, the gist is that production has started and they are looking at a May delivery target.

They have a little schedule thingy which can be viewed at:

http://www.the7thcontinent.com/en/images/KSupdate/T7C_final_...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Franklin
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Randomly checked the KS page. Boat for Aus ready to leave. Excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fellow adventurers, the continents have drifted as far as my front doorstep and are waiting to be explored.

I am in Ngunnawal and should be around most of the weekend if you want pick up, otherwise I will be at the ANU on Monday and can probably do a meet-up at some point. Please PM me your preferences and we can sort out the details.

David - Cameron mentioned that he would be prepared to pick up your lot at the same time as his.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popular Culture
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mb
Wow, 18 months! Eeek! Oh, sorry more. Holy cow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Franklin
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Andrew, Happy to let Cam grab my copy. Much excitement!

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.