Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's not just me or my PC!

I've had problems. I think it's too big with too many links in it.

I was thinking we could create an Archive Log Wiki of all Games before Game 401 and have a link to that archive appear below game 401. And then every 50 games or so we move the oldest 50 to the archive. If the Archive gets too hard to edit we can turn it into Archive 0-100, 101-200, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got that error, but it did save my update. I've seen errors like that on BGG before in other areas, so it might not be anything to worry about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimbert wrote:
I just got that error, but it did save my update. I've seen errors like that on BGG before in other areas, so it might not be anything to worry about.
I did get onto the list, so those have been my experiences as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
GerryRailBaron wrote:
So it's not just me or my PC!

I've had problems. I think it's too big with too many links in it.

I was thinking we could create an Archive Log Wiki of all Games before Game 401 and have a link to that archive appear below game 401. And then every 50 games or so we move the oldest 50 to the archive. If the Archive gets too hard to edit we can turn it into Archive 0-100, 101-200, etc.

I have made this change. It indeed avoids the 504 errors on the main page (though saving it is still slow), but it still gives those errors when you do something on the archive page. So it seems that BGG has some reduced capacity in the last months.

Anyway, creating that archive was still a good idea as the main page was way too big. But we might want to split the archive in groups of 100 or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.