Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: photos [+] [View All]
Dave Slaven
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just took a look at the images of War of the Ring, and if you click on "Components," most of the pictures on the first page have painted miniatures. I think part of the goal of classifying images was (and should be) to separate pictures of modified or customized parts from pictures of "out of the box" components. If that's the case, then I guess the category names need tweaking or something.

--Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this too. I think it happens because people click BOTH customized AND components so the painted figs end up in components. The system needs more delineation (original components vs. custom components) or perhaps just make the two categories unable to both be selected. Other than that tiny thing, I love the new image classification system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Hansson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that it's possible to select several categories. However, I think that when you select customized, it should be impossible to select any other check box.

If I look at images in the components- or box front category etc then I don't want any customized components in there. If a user who has never played a certain game (and is new to board gaming) looks at the images in the components category he/she might not realize that the game doesn't come with painted miniatures (unless those picture have good captions).

I also thought that the main purpose with the categorization was to filter out all the customized stuff. I therefore think that the images in the all category should not include the customized (and perhaps also the miscellaneous stuff). There could of course be an option for each user to hide/show those images in the all category, but I think the default should be hide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.