Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a good house rule for getting rid of a bounty without dying or upgrading your ship?

I was thinking you can "bribe" as an action in the business phase. Maybe like 3,000 credits to eliminate all bounties on your ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Bellemare
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGG!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd make it harder, like you have to go to a neutral world, and then pay 3000 per bounty to remove.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was going to do it strictly by bribe, I would make it 2,000 plus bounty. It certainly can't be equal, otherwise it's a good deal. If I had a 3k bounty I would pay it to deny it to a competitor.

One time we used a mechanic called "Laying Low" (or "Go to Ground"). Where you start your turn on a planet and skip your turn to reduce your bounty by 2,000. Not a good idea to do on an Outlaw planet, but you could if you had Ghostalker (actually giving a decent boost to its ability), or you could always try and run the Planetary Boundry afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenny Raaymakers
New Zealand
Wanganui
flag msg tools
Personally, I like it the way it is because it makes the choice of becoming an outlaw a very serious decision with serious consequences. Otherwise, the outlaw status would be taken lightly. That's just what I think, though I agree the idea of being able to lift bounties is attractive, especially when things get sticky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Void
United States
Shepherdstown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
how about the 'bribe' being twice your current bounty, which of course means it's cheap when early, but the longer you delay it gets prohibitively expensive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrooge McDuck
msg tools
mbmbmb
I play a variant where you can lift a bounty on a neutral planet for 2x cR per bounty gathered; I also play with very cool Camden Market fixer (additional tile, may be found in files) who can remove 2+ bounty for fixed 3kCr, a bargain. However I also assume mission cards are status-specific, which means outlaw may accept only orange, lawful may accept only blue missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
However I also assume mission cards are status-specific, which means outlaw may accept only orange, lawful may accept only blue missions.
If you're saying that you assume this is true in the base game, then that is incorrect. Anyone can take any mission.

I'm not saying it would be a bad houserule, or another way to make bounty have an impact, but I would want to actually play a game with that in mind before I decided it was a good idea or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.