Subject: A couple of questions about enhancements. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frederic Moritel
France
flag msg tools
Hello,
couple of things I'm not sure of :
1 - If I understand right I can only play 1 enhancement per turn? (This is what the rules says : Enhancement action can do ONE TIME FOR A TURN.)
2 - Enhancements placed under a gate give that boost to all cards from that gate?
3 - If I have temporary enhancements do I have to use them or can I choose to reserve them for later attack/defence
4 - When resolving Battle, I can use the defending guardian ability, even the attacking one? (If attacked player wants, he or she can use the ability of the guardian’s attack or defense ability.)

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Moritel
France
flag msg tools
One more :-)
When I exchange a guardian I take the actual guardian into my hand and replace it or should I discard the actual guardian and replace it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Yoo
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
COMPANY OWNER
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fmoritel wrote:
Hello,
couple of things I'm not sure of :
1 - If I understand right I can only play 1 enhancement per turn? (This is what the rules says : Enhancement action can do ONE TIME FOR A TURN.)
2 - Enhancements placed under a gate give that boost to all cards from that gate?
3 - If I have temporary enhancements do I have to use them or can I choose to reserve them for later attack/defence
4 - When resolving Battle, I can use the defending guardian ability, even the attacking one? (If attacked player wants, he or she can use the ability of the guardian’s attack or defense ability.)

Thanks

1. Correct. You need to choose only one gate to be enhanced for one turn.

2. If you enhance with attack value, it is applied only if that character is one of attacking group. If you enhance with defense value, it is applied only if that character is a guardian. If you enhance with gate level value, it is applied to that character=gate level value.

3. You are able to choose to use it or not after seeing the guardian's defense value.

4. Attacking ability is always applied when that character is the one of attacking card. Defending ability...Guardian. And so on.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Yoo
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
COMPANY OWNER
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fmoritel wrote:
One more :-)
When I exchange a guardian I take the actual guardian into my hand and replace it or should I discard the actual guardian and replace it.

It is 'exchange'. As soon as you take a guardian to your hand, you have to place another card from your hand to that gate's guardian location.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Moritel
France
flag msg tools
jade2e wrote:

4. Attacking ability is always applied when that character is the one of attacking card. Defending ability...Guardian. And so on.

Thanks!

oh ok so Guardian can only use the defense but not attack ability. That make more sense.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jade2e wrote:
3. You are able to choose to use it or not after seeing the guardian's defense value.

Suppose the defender has temporary defense. Does the defender have to choose before the attacker whether to use temporary enhancements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Yoo
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
COMPANY OWNER
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Polgara wrote:
jade2e wrote:

Suppose the defender has temporary defense. Does the defender have to choose before the attacker whether to use temporary enhancements?

Okay. here is the process.

1) Attacker's Turn : Attacker tries to attack with his card(S). As soon as attacking trial, Guardian (of that gate) opened AUTOMATICALLY.

2) Defender's Turn : Defender consider all the possibility about total attack value (including attacking enhancement of his opponent). Then he can choose to use his defending (temporary) enhancement (or Not)

3) Attacker's Turn : Attacker can choose to add attacking (temporary) enhancement or not.

Basically, in 1), if attacker wants to add temporary attack enhancement, it is allowed to do that. (Yes, it is possible). But generally, he may not want it. He'd better to choose adding after seeing defender's choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.