Jack Eddy
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
Great game, though I've never played heroscape, and the rule book seems pretty sparse on a few things, or it could be I'm just missing them.

1. When you summon a squad, are you summoning all figures in that squad, one figure in that squad, or your choice from 1 to the full number of figures in that squad?

2. A figure refers to anything that is plastic, a planeswalker is your planeswalker. Those definitions are easy. Now what is the difference between a "creature" and a "squad creature"? Wouldn't all creatures be considered squad creatures because they are of a squad? Or does creature also include the planeswalker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
jeddy lee wrote:

1. When you summon a squad, are you summoning all figures in that squad, one figure in that squad, or your choice from 1 to the full number of figures in that squad?

All figures in that squad. That is implied on p. 7 of the rulebook under "Planeswalker rules" with the wording "up to two squads". "Squad" always means all creatures of/on the army card, while "squad creature" refers to a single figure. Albeit there may be a little bit of doubt due to the wording "up to two squads", designer James D'Aloisio confirms that you must summon all of the figures on an army card at once when you summon it in this video (at 3 minutes and 46 seconds).

jeddy lee wrote:

2. A figure refers to anything that is plastic, a planeswalker is your planeswalker.

Not sure if you already meant this (as planeswalkers are plastic), but planeswalkers are also figures as per p. 13 of the rulebook under "Figures".

jeddy lee wrote:
Now what is the difference between a "creature" and a "squad creature"? Wouldn't all creatures be considered squad creatures because they are of a squad? Or does creature also include the planeswalker?

No, planeswalkers are not creatures. Which means that in the base game, there is no meaningful difference between "creature" and "squad creature". However, in the upcoming expansion, which I could already play at SPIEL Essen, there will also be a second type of creature: Hero creatures. Which is why the base game rulebook already talks about them with forward compatibility in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Eddy
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
Sweet, thanks! And yeah, I knew planeswalkers were "figures" I was just acknowledging that the terms planeswalker and figure for targeting purposes I understood, I just needed the squad creature clarifyer.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.