Sang Min Kim
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
1. There's an action card that removes two cubes from the board. Can I remove two Coda cubes(the one prevents you from treating...)?

2. Scientist can use only 4 cards to find a cure. If a virus has a sticker saying "You can find a cure using one less card (can't rembmer the exact text...)" Does that mean Scientist can find the cure using only three cards for it?

Thanks !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1. Yes.

That card says remove two cubes. It can remove anything cube shaped from the board. Note it doesn't say "treat" so any restrictions on treating cubes does not apply when you remove cubes.

2. Yes.

It says "one less" and not "four" for exactly this reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sang Min Kim
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
Thanks!! Wow... I feel good that we didn't play it wrong... but the second one sounds quite OP for scientist...

In that case, is it possible to add two of the same stickers(one less) to one virus so that scientist use only two cards instead of three?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'd say no, rules say the mutations must be applied in sequence, and although the point it is making is that you can't skip to level 3 or 4, I think it applies both ways.

Veering off rules and into strategy, I wouldn't recommend it anyway, you only have 2 "1 less" stickers and collecting 1 fewer twice seems stronger than 2 fewer once. Espeicially with a scientist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sang Min Kim
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
Thanks !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.