Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearing in mind I have just received a copy and not yet played, I ask your indulgence if this is a stupid question.

Can I remove a troop token of the player I am allied with on my turn.
V1.06B rules state under the "Kanly" section:

"Remove one troop of your choice from anywhere on the board and return it to the owner's supply."

Nothing is mentioned about prohibiting the removal of a troop token of an ally in this section.

From the summary of the game turn on the back page:

"Remove one enemy troop from the board."

So which is it?

I guess it depends on whether one's ally for the duration of one's turn is considered an "enemy" or not.

PLB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nygaard
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the summary is wrong. There shouldn't be anything preventing you from killing an ally troop with the Kanly die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil Spillover!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
The summary is wrong. Remove 1 Troop from the board. You may remove a Troop of your current Ally. You might even remove one of your own, if you desire so.

During the turn of your alliance, your Ally is not considered your enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Machin
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmb
Subtitled: How To Make An Alliance Victory Into A Solo Victory or Why The BG Are Mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all for your responses, especially the man's!

PLB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Burns
United States
Mantua
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I was trying to figure out how the BG allied ability would ever be useful. Now I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fewwdragon wrote:
Thanks. I was trying to figure out how the BG allied ability would ever be useful. Now I know.

Would you please clarify what you mean by this.
The Voice ability of the BG can't be used by the active player if the BG are allied to that active player, the BG board lacks the "knot" symbol.

PLB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Burns
United States
Mantua
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought Prana-bindu Training had the knot. Which didn't make sense as an allied ability cause I didn't relies you could target your allies with the kanly di. If Prana-bindu isn't a allied ability I have no idea why I thought it was. It was awhile ago I played.

Prana-bindu Training - Your Troops are immune to Poison attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not an allied ability. The Bene Gesserit do not give anything to their allies. There is no reason for anyone to ally with them for an ability -- however they can always get an ally they wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:
It is not an allied ability. The Bene Gesserit do not give anything to their allies. There is no reason for anyone to ally with them for an ability -- however they can always get an ally they wish.

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Machin
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmb
MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:

Yes! Hence mean. They can "co-win" in late game and they can force a solo win for their Culminating Plans choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.