Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Schmidt
United States
Maquoketa
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the Gnomad Coffee House, I was able to round up a few players for a game of Secret Tijuana Deathmatch. I taught the game to David, Joe, and Jason. This was also my first time playing this also. I explained the rules and dealt out the fighters and the draft began.

My first choice was Warren Dumpling(Rank 1). The idea being that I could call for victims and no one could accept since there would be no fighters able to do so. This was mostly to check the strategies effectiveness. I did explain this strategy while explaining the rules, so that if it really ruined the game it would be understood why the rules changed the next time.

I also chose El Papa(Rank 3), Mother Lunch(Rank 4), "Doc" Tresoro(Rank 3), and La Maniaca(Rank 2). I stayed mostly with middle ranked fighters to keep the expenses down. Since you have to pay for every fighter whether they live or die.

I revealed Warren Dumpling first. He was the only Rank 1 fighter on the table. Through calling for victims every player was able to grab a couple more tiles. The second time through people started fighting. Eventually, David had a fighter with a couple of counters over 9 on his fighter. When he called for victims, looking for a couple free tiles, when I answered with Warren Dumpling. During the fight I used a computer error tile to steal the high tiles and win the fight.

Fights and calls for victims continue Warren Dumpling makes it to rank 4 before he is finally defeated. He pulled in about $50,000 for which I had to pay $14,000(I had forfeited once earlier...).

Jason had been pulling in some money, but losing some also. I was down to 2 fighters and calculated that I would have $100,000 if they both died. I glanced around at the stacks of money(we were using poker chips) and the fighters on the table. All were revealed at this point, and most of the fighters left had $18,000+ contract prices. I looked to find the players I thought(David and Joe) were the smallest threats. I picked fights with them figuring that if I won, I would have more money, and if I lost, I would still win after they paid for their fighters contracts.

I ended up winning, but by less than I expected. We all had a good time playing. I don't think that "Calling for Victims" with lower ranked fighters hurt the game. You need to fight to get money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.