Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been thinking about this for a while.
Fear Itself was an anomaly, having 1 mastermind, 1 villain group,3 schemes and 6 heroes (i use the heroes terminology because it comes easier to me). With the upcoming Cap expansion, everything will return to "normal": 5 heroes, 2masterminds, 2 vilain groups, 4 schemes.
I would like, however, a small expansion that looked like this:

4 Heroes (56 cards)
2 Masterminds (10 cards)
4 Villain groups (32 cards)
2 Schemes (2 cards)

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiggliest Puff
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd be fine with the smaller sets having slightly different allocations of cards depending on what the theme of that deck is (so, fewer schemes for some, more villain groups for others, etc.). I'd rather it be more about what ideas work best for that series than making it look like previous expansions.

I think some more villain groups are always fun though, so I'd definitely pick up a set if it was structured like you said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
Henchmen groups.

If you work out all the permutations (it's pretty boring) you'll quickly see that the number of Henchmen groups is the limiting factor in the number of possible set-ups.

That said, it's arguably quite difficult to fill the remaining holes in any meaningful way while retaining the deliberate simplicity of henchmen. But still, if we're talking ideals not "what's easiest to design", then more henchmen, definitely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It really depends on what teams or storylines they are releasing cards for. I see wiggle room from that perspective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mendez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Well I would like maybe a box with 7 heroes and 2 special bystanders
one with 7 Villain Groups, 2 henchmen, 4 masterminds and 4 schemes
or a big box with like 5 Heroes, 8 henchmen, 8 Masterminds, 20 Villain Groups, cause I just want more villains lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Seconded on the more henchmen thing.
I don't get why this game has so little of them.

Maybe the next small set can have something like Dr.Doom that leads henchmen instead of the regular villains?

Yes, I realize that henchmen are 10 and villain groups are 8 but I'm sure we can easily configure that out that it will work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
They could rework it:
3 heroes (42)
3 masterminds (15) who can lead villains or henchmen
2 villains (16)
2 henchmen (20)
So that would leave 7 cards for bystanders and schemes.

But right now I am waiting to see what Secret Wars brings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
Maybe the next small set can have something like Dr.Doom that leads henchmen instead of the regular villains?

Dr Doom already leads a henchmen group -- the Doombot Legion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan M
United States
Knoxville
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe they include 2 extra cards (gasp!) to turn 1 villain group into a henchmen group. Or drop 2 schemes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal S.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jodokast4 wrote:
Or maybe they include 2 extra cards (gasp!) to turn 1 villain group into a henchmen group. Or drop 2 schemes.

I agree that they should add 2 extra cards to convert a villain group into a henchmen group. I disagree that they should drop the schemes. I think that there should be more schemes actually and I love that they add so many with each large expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal S.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I think we all agree that extra bystanders would be nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
Thud105 wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

Dr Doom already leads a henchmen group -- the Doombot Legion

I think the point was more using him as an example of a Mastermind who leads a henchman group rather than an MM that leads a villain group.

jodokast4 wrote:

I'd go for something like replacing the "Endless Armies of HYDRA" with a couple of new cards for the HYDRA Villain Group and then re-adding a HYDRA Henchmen group alongside it.

I find it weird that Hydra's "endless armies" are like 3 cards. Organized Crimewave's Maggia Goons, now that is an endless army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heisey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jemjar wrote:
Henchmen groups.

If you work out all the permutations (it's pretty boring) you'll quickly see that the number of Henchmen groups is the limiting factor in the number of possible set-ups.

That said, it's arguably quite difficult to fill the remaining holes in any meaningful way while retaining the deliberate simplicity of henchmen. But still, if we're talking ideals not "what's easiest to design", then more henchmen, definitely.

While this is true, the simplicity of henchmen mean they add very little variety to actual gameplay. This is why I would lean toward more schemes. Special bystanders would be nice as well. But schemes...that's where I think we really get our replay value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Wendt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be cool if bystanders were also thematic in some way with the expansions, especially if bystanders became actual supporting characters (such as Aunt May, Alicia Masters, Foggy Nelson)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.