Subject: Thoughts on Power grid or deluxe? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I have been thinking of picking Power grid grid up. Thoughts on getting the regular Power Grid or just get the Deluxe Version? I usually just play games with my 15 year old and occasionally my 25 year old daughter..I was thinking to get the original with the robots or the deluxe because of the 2 player version. Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand 2-player variant in Deluxe version is somewhat better than Robots, but at the end of the day I think it comes down to what is your preference - have slightly better components vs save some money. Just to keep in mind that if you would like to get other expansions you will need upgrade pack and replacement powerplant cards, because garbage was replaced with natural gas in the new version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
badge
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't recommend Power Grid if you plan to play just with 2 or max 3 players; PG gives its best with 4-5-6.
Anyway, if you still feel convinced cool Emils is right. Personally, I don't like the new graphics at all, so I'd suggest to consider this aspect too. And remember, NONE of the expansion maps is (directly - meaning, without adaptive custom rules) compatible with the Deluxe version...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MichaƂ
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coco123 wrote:
Hello, I have been thinking of picking Power grid grid up. Thoughts on getting the regular Power Grid or just get the Deluxe Version? I usually just play games with my 15 year old and occasionally my 25 year old daughter..I was thinking to get the original with the robots or the deluxe because of the 2 player version. Thanks for your help.

The 2 player variant from Deluxe can be played with any classic map without even extra components. You just need to remember to use the 3 players setup, victory condition and refill table for the given map (as the Trust is essentially a simplified robot that acts as the third player).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.