Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Neanderthal» Forums » Rules

Subject: Predators and hunt order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thierry Aradan
France
ASSAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am unsure of the proper order of play in such a situation:
THere is only one predator in a row.
Player A is hunting the Predator while player B is hunting a big prey located in the same row.
According to A4, B attacks first, and if successfull in his big game hunt, he attracts the predator (G4).

What is now the correct sequence?
1) A attacks the predator, and if the hunt is unsuccessful, the predator now attacks player B.
or
2) B hunters are immediately transferred to the predator card, and must attack it. If the hunt is unsuccessful, A May attack it.
or
3) B hunters are immediately transferred to the predator card, and first hunter rules apply.

In other words, does the predator go for the big game first, or does it first defend against A's attack?

Great theme and great game, Phil.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thierry Aradan wrote:
I am unsure of the proper order of play in such a situation:
THere is only one predator in a row.
Player A is hunting the Predator while player B is hunting a big prey located in the same row.
According to A4, B attacks first, and if successfull in his big game hunt, he attracts the predator (G4).

What is now the correct sequence?
1) A attacks the predator, and if the hunt is unsuccessful, the predator now attacks player B.
or
2) B hunters are immediately transferred to the predator card, and must attack it. If the hunt is unsuccessful, A May attack it.
or
3) B hunters are immediately transferred to the predator card, and first hunter rules apply.

In other words, does the predator go for the big game first, or does it first defend against A's attack?

Great theme and great game, Phil.


The intended answer is (3). The game follows all the normal rules.

In the living rules (A4.3), I added two sentences to emphasize this:

A4 (3). Roll for all predator biomes (G4), in an order specified by the first player. Note: Some hunters may have been transferred to the predator biome per G4. First hunter rules apply if multiple hunter groups on a predator.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Aradan
France
ASSAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Phil.

Could you please also check my following question in "Daughter abilities" https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1453682/daughter-abilities
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy B
msg tools
Avatar
mb
so if your hunters get moved to a predator, another player goes first in hunt order and is successful then does this mean you go home without rolling? and if so do you lose your original big game as you haven't scored a hit ? or do you keep the original big game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
RoyTheB0y wrote:
so if your hunters get moved to a predator, another player goes first in hunt order and is successful then does this mean you go home without rolling? and if so do you lose your original big game as you haven't scored a hit ? or do you keep the original big game.


Yes you go home with your prey unscathed as someone else killed the predator in your stead. Only if he failed (or you were first hunter and didn't manage to hurt the predator) you lose our prey. I think this is addressed by an example in the (living?) rules.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
phileklund wrote:
Thierry Aradan wrote:
I am unsure of the proper order of play in such a situation:
THere is only one predator in a row.
Player A is hunting the Predator while player B is hunting a big prey located in the same row.
According to A4, B attacks first, and if successfull in his big game hunt, he attracts the predator (G4).

What is now the correct sequence?
1) A attacks the predator, and if the hunt is unsuccessful, the predator now attacks player B.
or
2) B hunters are immediately transferred to the predator card, and must attack it. If the hunt is unsuccessful, A May attack it.
or
3) B hunters are immediately transferred to the predator card, and first hunter rules apply.


The intended answer is (3). The game follows all the normal rules.

In the living rules (A4.3), I added two sentences to emphasize this:

A4 (3). Roll for all predator biomes (G4), in an order specified by the first player. Note: Some hunters may have been transferred to the predator biome per G4. First hunter rules apply if multiple hunter groups on a predator.


How does the "first hunter" rule work with these examples?

Note: Assume there are 3 big game and 1 predator biomes on the row.

Example 1 - A and B put hunters on big game, and C puts a hunter on the predator. A and B both win...what is the order for the predator hunt?

Example 2 - A, B and C all put hunters on big game and they all win their hunts (and move to the predator)...what is the hunt order for the predator hunt?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Triantafyllidis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Devon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In both cases the same rules apply: the one with the least number of hunters rolls first(tie-breaker=turn order). The first roll that scores at least one success-scares the predator off(might even kill it or claim it) and everyone(including all the other players' hunters) go home happy along with their big game bounty.If you do not score a success or nobody from your hunters survive when its your turn to roll -the predator claims your big game booty(or even your lives) and the next one tries his luck
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What if somebody else did not kill the predator but managed to take it as a trophy? Is your pray kidnapped or not?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.