Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
JFYI:
http://www.epiccardgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/EpicC...

@WWG: I think there should be two fold:
a.) Every document should carry a version number and the date stamp (ISO)
b.) Passages on the document should be colored with background colors on incremental changes though that you know what to learn knew (in case of changes/new additions).

Thank you very much for this errata!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
We plan to have date stamps. We'll also make a note if we have reversed a ruling. I think it's important to acknowledge when we change something.

Ian Taylor
Rules Manager
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm... so the only gripe I have is copyright/tokens. Else you manage like awesome. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
We don't mandate that people use the "official" tokens. You can use whatever you like (as long as it's not confusing to your opponent).

We can't allow people to use our copyrighted art/card layouts. We're not happy about it either, but it's a reality of US law. I wish I could do something about US law, but my powers as Rules Manager are limited.

Ian Taylor
Rules Manager
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IanWWG wrote:
We don't mandate that people use the "official" tokens. You can use whatever you like (as long as it's not confusing to your opponent).

We can't allow people to use our copyrighted art/card layouts. We're not happy about it either, but it's a reality of US law. I wish I could do something about US law, but my powers as Rules Manager are limited.

Ian Taylor
Rules Manager
White Wizard Games

In RPG books and so on, I've seen certain pages marked as "Permission granted for personal copies" or some such (mainly for character sheets). While I'm no expert at law, to me, that suggests there is a possibility. You basically retain copyright, but grant a restricted right to the end-user to make personal copies of parts of the work (in this case, this might be a page with tokens).

As far as boardgaming goes, Asmadi games for example, made a free PnP for Mottainai. I don't think they gave up their rights on the game. So there should definitely be a way of doing this such that players get the right to print any number of tokens they want while WWG retains all copyrights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
As I posted on another thread you could rerelease the scrap golem, tokens and a +1/+1 token (and a coin flip card) under Creative Commons-Non-Commercial-No-Derivates. It is actually THAT easy.

I'll buy those tokens off your printer process any time over whacky copy shop self made stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.