1 Posts

Ticket to Ride» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Gaming With Friends rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
Warhammer: Diskwars
My wife and I played with another couple with whom we had never gamed before. 4 Players (my wife, I, he and she). We went over the rules quickly. She loves games and was up and running in no time. He is a brilliant guy but wasn't quite understanding the strategy until half we through the match.

I kept Denver - El Paso (I hate this ticket) and Los Angeles - Seattle initially. I claimed the first route to El Paso but she took the second route and I couldn't complete it with a straight line. Then my wife took the long white route that leads to Denver and I had to go even further but finally made it to Denver. 2/3 into the game I completed my tickets and drew and kept LA - Miami. He blocked 2 of the routes I was going to use to connect my main line to Miami so I had to spend some of the red cards I was hoarding to get to Miami to, instead, get a few short routes through Houston. I eventually made it to Miami. Sense that the game would be over soon I concentrated the effort in getting enough cards to claim a 6-train long route.

She - had the longest route but did not have enough trains to complete all the tickets. So, 81 pts of routes + 39 pts of completed tickets + 10 pts longest route - 10 pts incomplete ticket = 120.

Wife - 71 routes + 44 tickets = 115.

Me - 71 routes + 40 tickets = 111.

He - 38 routes + 8 tickets = 46.

A very close and extremely enjoyable game. THE gateway game. And, best of all, we found more friends that we can game with.

Gotta love Ticket to Ride.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.