GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,433 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

XenoShyft: Onslaught» Forums » Rules

Subject: Voluntary burning? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Australia
MOUNT DANDENONG
VICTORIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question that arose from a game earlier.

In Wave 3 we had a lot of troops still in play and also some "Wasted" Wave 2 troops still in hand.

This leads to the question, is it possible to voluntary burn cards? I'm pretty sure there is no mechanic, but it would help to be able to get rid of older cards in hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can discard cards from your hand at the end of the round (see the first bullet under "Wrap Up Phase", page 13), but there isn't a mechanic to burn cards you don't want any more.

If your team has significantly more troops than available lane spaces to put them in, either A) you're buying way too many troops, or B) you're winning in a landslide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
CitizenFry wrote:
If your team has significantly more troops than available lane spaces to put them in, either A) you're buying way too many troops, or B) you're winning in a landslide.

C) You're rocking a full battalion of paratroopers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
CitizenFry wrote:

C) You're rocking a full battalion of paratroopers.

In which case you wouldn't be complaining about having too many troops whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Australia
MOUNT DANDENONG
VICTORIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers. I missed that piece on discarding previously!

Well as an example last two hands I only need to replace 1 dead troop but had 2 Storm Troopers and a Ranger in hand (wasn't able to trade it off earlier). Being able to discard instead of burn is okay as we could still draw 3 more (potentially) useful cards instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could of burned the card for the discount, even if your dont use it, at least in the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.