GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,409 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Crowdfunding: Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: Looking for advice on a preview page rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: Despite how the link may look I've already run this campaign (And funded! Woo) so I'm not looking for further feedback at this time.

I was wondering if I could persuade any of you to take a look at my Kickstarter preview page and offer some advice?

The game is called Escape the Nightmare and is a real time cooperative trading game. You're trying to escape a nightmare by trading bits of dream, with each trade limiting your future communication and trading options.

Ideally I'd finish the page before asking for any advice, but we're trying to launch before Halloween so I need to strike a balance between asking for advice before the page is refined enough for it and asking for advice once it's too late to implement it. Hopefully I've got it about right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg,

I'm sorry that you didn't get any responses...I'm often stunned by the silence on these pages from people who clearly have an opinion, but it often comes out negatively and with little thought.

Anyway, I've posted at your site and also provide my feedback here:

Overall, the page has the right elements...a short video, information about the game, a reasonable Goal, and an incredibly short list of Reward Tiers.

Video: This could stand a re-do in terms of focusing on the cards instead of the raucous mayhem that comes from playing the game.

Information: Definitely spend some time with a Graphic Artist to improve the overall look of the rules. While they're quite straightforward, there's nothing to draw the reader into the "nightmare" of the game.

Goal: 5,000 pounds is a modest level for someone who has created other games

Reward Tiers:
You may want to offer a Tier or two to distributors to get your game out to stores.

Final Thoughts ~ nice touch with Shipping and Communication. My only remaining question has to do with Stretch Goals...are you contemplating any, such as additional cards or something else that's game-related to enhance the experience?

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Joe,

They re-ran this campaign and funded already.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/820113175/escape-the-ni...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brendan,

Thanks for the info! Good for him.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback, as noted I've already run the campaign, but it was nice of you to make the effort to offer some. I should've made a note on this thread when we switched to the other campaign to save you the trouble, sorry about that.

It wasn't a re-run, the campaign linked in this thread never launched. KS had trouble verifying my identity (and "I've run several campaigns before, from the same account, linked to my facebook, with my face in their videos" is not a valid form of ID) and changing the name on the campaign is not permitted so we had to duplicate every other element to create a new campaign in Tom's (3DTotal CEO) name instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
x_equals_speed wrote:
It wasn't a re-run, the campaign linked in this thread never launched. KS had trouble verifying my identity (and "I've run several campaigns before, from the same account, linked to my facebook, with my face in their videos" is not a valid form of ID) and changing the name on the campaign is not permitted so we had to duplicate every other element to create a new campaign in Tom's (3DTotal CEO) name instead.

How annoying! Well, it worked (for me at least). I'm a backer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye, everything worked out okay in the end

Or at least the end so far. I should probably, y'know, make and ship the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.