GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,854 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Merchants & Marauders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Basse-Terre. French Naval ships may reroll their Scouting roll rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
When we say "may", it means that they are going to reroll, if they fail. Or does it mean, that the object of the scouting can choose if the French player rerolls? Is Basse-Terre an advantage for the Scouting French, or an advantage for the one being scouted? I would say the first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Advantage to the Scouter - which are the NPC naval ships, not french PC's. If they fail they can try again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns The Fearsome Foes The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
It could be interpreted either way, but because NPC decisions are made by a player other than the one being targeted, it's generally going to be used to make a second attempt if the first one fails.

If the first roll succeeds, the player making the roll would not choose to reroll it. ...unless it was some extremely rare situation where they didn't want the NPC to attack that opposing player for some reason, then they might try to reroll a success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
And if I can shoehorn the expansion Favors here, can you use a Favor to make an NPC reroll the Scouting, and reroll their reroll? I think so

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
...unless it was some extremely rare situation where they didn't want the NPC to attack that opposing player for some reason, then they might try to reroll a success.

Since it is in the spirit of the rules not to act against the interests of the NPC this should not be allowed imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Thomason
New Zealand
Nelson
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
And if I can shoehorn the expansion Favors here, can you use a Favor to make an NPC reroll the Scouting, and reroll their reroll? I think so

You can only use your favours to reroll when YOU scout or an NPC scouts FOR you. You cannot use them if an NPC is scouting for another player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
umbaci wrote:
Woelf wrote:
...unless it was some extremely rare situation where they didn't want the NPC to attack that opposing player for some reason, then they might try to reroll a success.

Since it is in the spirit of the rules not to act against the interests of the NPC this should not be allowed imo.
Not being sent to Davy Jones locker by some souped up legendary pirate is probably in the interests of the NPC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.