Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
My only requirement is that you are able to play your turn at least every 2 days. I'm willing to help beginners. I can only use Vassal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Payne
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
I am willing to desroy- er,....I mean play you a game.

I guess you are tired of waiting on Rome huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you guess?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, William has bowed out of our game, perhaps due to the apparently hopeless situation of his Romans ;-)

So... I am looking for an opponent again, this time I'm willing to play the Romans first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I would love to play. I own the game but yet to play. I can play 2-3 times a day but I am in a different time zone.

Hans
Australia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Same here, have played the game once downloaded Vassal but not sure how it works on Vassal or how to find opponents!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be perfectly willing to teach you guys the game through vassal. Its fairly easy. Vassal works by loading the Pax Romana mod file, and then loading the log or dat file of the actual moves made by your opponent. You scroll through the moves one by one, and when complete create a log file and start making your moves. You then email this log file to your opponent.

For the Cartago Delenda Est scenario I'd rather play with someone experienced, as I'm trying to test the scenario to see what Rome's chances of winning are and how effective Carthage defense can be (so far, it seems highly effective).

I would be willing to host a multiplayer game for you two and another newbie or two, if you guys are interested.

Any other new players want to learn the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Thanks for the great offer. I guess an easy scenario for teaching would be better.

Just email me and let me know how to start.

Hans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hans,

It seems to me the best way to learn to play would be the multiplayer game because the two player scenario could be unforgiving. If you and Greg are interested in the base 2 player I would be willing to help, otherwise we need one or two more newbies for the 4 player scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I might be able to get you one more not-quite-newbie. Let me know if you're interested.

And Michael is right - the 2-player scenarios (especially Rome vs Carthage) can be extremely unforgiving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ravena
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need another newbie I'll play.

I just started my first Pax game through Vassal(ACTs for die rolls), but I have only had one activation so far. So I am definitely still a newbie.

At the pace the game is going I'll be able to handle another no problem. Anyway, If you want another newbie I'm in.

Hope you find an opponent for Carthago Delenda Est Scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in any 4 player scenario. Two of us in Oz have just started a 2 player scenario so hopefully, in a day or so, I'll have worked out how to play Pax on Vassal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
So we have:

Greg Cox
Nick Klercker
Hans

and myself (I'm not exactly a newbie, but I'm close, still blundering in my current 4 player game)

Alright, do you guys have any country favorites? I would like to play Greece, as I am playing her now for the first time and would like to do some things differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I am new I hope to be someone who would be considered easier to play.

Any suggestions?

Hans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cool - count me in. I've only played 2 games so far both as Carthage, a 4 player standard scenario V (F2F) and a 2 player scenario II on Vassal.

I still haven't played the Advanced game yet, but willing to give it a go if you can put up with a few mistakes...

Just a warning, I can only access the game mon-fri 9-5 EST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ravena
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play anyone.

That said, currently I am playing Carthage in my other PbEM game. So I guess I'd prefer to not play Carthage.

Ready whenever you guys are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah same here I don't mind what side.

But judging by the time its taking to setup, the game could take a while..!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ravena
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coxy_fc wrote:
Yeah same here I don't mind what side.

But judging by the time its taking to setup, the game could take a while..!

Hopefully it will speed up when we start communicating via email. I usually finish my activations pretty quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys, I forgot to select "send message when reply is posted" and keep forgetting about this thread. I will email you the game shortly.

Hmm, I do need your emails. Please send me a private message so I can email guys the data file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ravena
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Belisarius88 wrote:
Sorry guys, I forgot to select "send message when reply is posted" and keep forgetting about this thread. I will email you the game shortly.

Hmm, I do need your emails. Please send me a private message so I can email guys the data file.

PM sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, how about:

Greg: Rome
Nick: East
Hans: Carthage
Michael: Greece

Hans, Rome is probably the easiest to play, and I would say Carthage is second. Greece is tricky and the East perhaps more so due to the succession wars. As Carthage with a few galleys you can defend the Sicilies and Africa easily against Rome, at least for the first few turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's fine with me, I've not played Rome so it should be interesting, but I'm not fussed which side I play as they all look like fun.

I thought the East looked the easiest in the Standard game.

I'll need to read up on playing the Advanced game, assuming that's the plan.

I can make 2 or 3 moves a day but only during the weekday, Sydney (Oz) time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
From past experience, if everyone can complete their activation on average every two days, the game will move along. Playing a turn in Pax sometimes take a lot of contemplation and back and forth, so about two days is fast enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How do you work out withdrawals/interceptions etc? And do you bother with alliances?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Because this is email play, we allow everyone to communicate as they wish. Thus you are free to make and break any deals, exchange talents, etc.

You email the individual and ask whether they wish to withdraw or intercept. That player can then make appropiate rolls and movements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.